Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The bastards finally got me, stole my BBS LM 20"s off the RS6....

The bastards finally got me, stole my BBS LM 20"s off the RS6....

They also cleaned out the Stereo System (Alpine Iva Nav 7" touch screen, JL Audio amps and speakers, woofer).

I could cry, but hey, they didn't get the car. It was in storage mode and had absolutely 0 gas in the car. After the incident, the car had exactly a 1/4 tank and 55 miles to empty, which is just at about 11 mpg avg (dead on as far as the trip computer says). They actually brought a 5 gallon gas can to put in the car.

I'm so pissed I can't even describe how violated I feel.

how did they get past the immobilizer

What burrough you in? Sucks, I thought our alarms were fairly solid.

Edit; neighborhood I should say. I know Greenpoint area.
    Last edited by lswing; July 23rd, 2015 at 03:30.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Die you Bastards !!
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    They also cleaned out the Stereo System (Alpine Iva Nav 7" touch screen, JL Audio amps and speakers, woofer).

I could cry, but hey, they didn't get the car. It was in storage mode and had absolutely 0 gas in the car. After the incident, the car had exactly a 1/4 tank and 55 miles to empty, which is just at about 11 mpg avg (dead on as far as the trip computer says). They actually brought a 5 gallon gas can to put in the car.

I'm so pissed I can't even describe how violated I feel.
    Have it trailered out of the city to have your new stereo system installed, have the same shop add your GPS tracker, be sure to give them a fake address. At least you're going to get something near to market value for those 20" rims from your insurance, and you can put some 18's on so you've got a little bit of sidewall to handle the potholey roads in the NYC area. You may even end up with money left over when this is done! Lucky!

That said, sorry to hear about the loss, I know how it feels to get your car stripped (had a wrecker yard do that to my old Firebird even though the police brought it in as part of a possible vehicular manslaughter investigation).

If you really want to stop the thieves, look into magnesium flash strips - nothing says "good luck stealing this" like a (quite literally) blinding flash when they pull the stereo without the proper precautions.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

That's awful - sorry to hear it.

Bunch of c*nts... Sorry to hear; I hope you can get replacements fairly soon.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    how did they get past the immobilizer
    this........
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

They didn't get the car, they got the wheels and the sound system. Interesting, I got a text message from some bullshit number here in Brooklyn, saying it was Maria from Audi of Brooklyn and when would I like to schedule a service for the car. I responded by saying I have several Audis, which one are you referring to. This person replied, "The 2003 RS6". I asked what mileage do they have on record for the car? What service do they feel needs to be performed. This person replied "the car should have regular service every 5k miles". I confirmed, it was NOT the Audi dealership that contacted me. Furthermore, the car has NEVER been to Audi of Brooklyn, NEVER EVER. They have never touched it or had it in for any kind of service or repair whatsoever.

The phone number I was contacted from is listed to a residential house in Bay Ridge, on 74th Street. Now why would someone give me some bullshit about bringing in the RS6 for service to the dealership? NYPD Auto Crime Unit was very concerned with this, considering the only way someone could get the immobilizer code is through a "Dealership" AND the vehicle needs to be present at the "Dealership" in order for this to occur. Did I mentioned I had left the car with 0 miles to the tank. Last avg mpg was 11.0. When I started the car after the incident it had 55 miles to empty and the gas gauge read exactly a 1/4 tank. Even more interesting is that those standard red plastic gas cans hold exactly 5 gallons of gas. You know, I am going to be even more pissed if those bastards used 87 octane. Just kidding about the 87 octane. Can you believe that crap? They put gas in the damn car!!!!!!!!!

"this is why we can't have nice things...."

sucks. Just joined the ranks of RS6 owners yesterday, hate seeing this post. Hopefully you get some justice.

They didn't get the car, they got the wheels and the sound system. Interesting, I got a text message from some bullshit number here in Brooklyn, saying it was Maria from Audi of Brooklyn and when would I like to schedule a service for the car. I responded by saying I have several Audis, which one are you referring to. This person replied, "The 2003 RS6". I asked what mileage do they have on record for the car? What service do they feel needs to be performed. This person replied "the car should have regular service every 5k miles". I confirmed, it was NOT the Audi dealership that contacted me. Furthermore, the car has NEVER been to Audi of Brooklyn, NEVER EVER. They have never touched it or had it in for any kind of service or repair whatsoever.

The phone number I was contacted from is listed to a residential house in Bay Ridge, on 74th Street. Now why would someone give me some bullshit about bringing in the RS6 for service to the dealership? NYPD Auto Crime Unit was very concerned with this, considering the only way someone could get the immobilizer code is through a "Dealership" AND the vehicle needs to be present at the "Dealership" in order for this to occur. Did I mentioned I had left the car with 0 miles to the tank. Last avg mpg was 11.0. When I started the car after the incident it had 55 miles to empty and the gas gauge read exactly a 1/4 tank. Even more interesting is that those standard red plastic gas cans hold exactly 5 gallons of gas. You know, I am going to be even more pissed if those bastards used 87 octane. Just kidding about the 87 octane. Can you believe that crap? They put gas in the damn car!!!!!!!!!
    So they put gas in your car and weren't able to start it to steal it? I'm confused....
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Yep, they gased it up with a 1/4 tank. I am totally confused too..... the detectives said they must have wanted the car and it wasn't just a wheel and stereo grab. They mentioned that car thieves don't want to get out on the road and find out they need to hit a gas station. Makes sense in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    So they put gas in your car and weren't able to start it to steal it? I'm confused....

Bay Ridge, in a gated lot, enclosed parking, w/ video cameras and 24 hour security guards. These guys had some BIG balls. We got the thieves' car coming in and leaving on video, but apparently the plate on it was bullshit, last 4 digits were 4413, but no matches came back on the DMV check for an 2000-2003 Champagne Acura TL, with chrome mesh-type wheels, skateboard style, with the last 4 of 4413. Security Guard said it was the older white NY plate, not the newer orange and blue plates. The thieves' car also had NO front plate on it.

They didn't, car was there.... wheels and sound system were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    this........

Bay Ridge, in a gated lot, enclosed parking, w/ video cameras and 24 hour security guards. These guys had some BIG balls. We got the thieves' car coming in and leaving on video, but apparently the plate on it was bullshit, last 4 digits were 4413, but no matches came back on the DMV check for an 2000-2003 Champagne Acura TL, with chrome mesh-type wheels, skateboard style, with the last 4 of 4413. Security Guard said it was the older white NY plate, not the newer orange and blue plates. The thieves' car also had NO front plate on it.
    Crazy, at least they weren't able to take the car. Hope all the insurance goes well! I'll keep my car out of lots in Bay Ridge Looking at places in Brooklyn, it's easily $1k just for a small garage space.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

lot's insurance should have piece of this even if your's doesn't cover the add ons, no?

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    "this is why we can't have nice things...."

sucks. Just joined the ranks of RS6 owners yesterday, hate seeing this post. Hopefully you get some justice.
    Off-topic but welcome! I'm on the South Shore but I visit Eastie and the surrounding areas often; let me know if you ever need any RS6 help I keep saying we should have a Boston area meet but it's yet to come to fruition.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Off-topic but welcome! I'm on the South Shore but I visit Eastie and the surrounding areas often; let me know if you ever need any RS6 help I keep saying we should have a Boston area meet but it's yet to come to fruition.
    Thanks. Just introduced myself and the car in the "beasts" thread. Nice to have a good forum for info and assistance. Would def be down for meeting other local RS6 owners. I am down in Hanover/Norwell area every few weeks.