Thread: 034 Motorsports ECU tune with Mustang dyno results

034 Motorsports ECU tune with Mustang dyno results

034 is across the Bay from me and well known for their Audi aftermarket products. I had a nice conversation with one of their people, who explained that they had developed their own RS6 tune in response to a customer who was dissatisfied with the results he had from a well known tuner. The attached scan shows the results of the testing on their Mustang dyno. I did not do a baseline pull, but included in the scan is the result from the baseline pull from another customer. Don't dwell on the absolute numbers. Mustang dyno reads typically well under Dynojet, and it is the comparison with stock that should be considered. This was also on 91 octane California gas, and the dyno bay was about 100 degrees that afternoon without a fan. Bottom line, about a 11% improvement in peak HP, but more importantly, 29% improvement in peak torque and with a nice flat curve from about 3000 to 5000 rpm. I had APR tune in original RS6, never had that dyno'ed, but this now pulls better than my old beast. If you guesstimate engine HP and torque from stock Audi numbers, this would mean ~500 hp and 536 lb-ft peak torque. And yes, I had their TCU tune as well to go with the Level 10 transmission.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mustang Dyno 034 tune.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	16577
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I wondered how long you would stay stock. Looks veddy nice

Post up a 3, 31, 115 some time.

I agree w the APR observations. I have made changes to tweek it a bit. Boost is too low, timing too low and not enough fuel.

Wow, in less than ideal conditions too as you pointed out.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

What did there tune cost, does the ecu tune come with the tcu tune?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    What did there tune cost, does the ecu tune come with the tcu tune?
    ECU tune $750. Loaded via OBD-II port, did not require removal of ECU itself. TCU upgrade does require removal of original TCU, so some labor involved. Lists at $450. See www.034motorsport.com for details.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.