Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking at an RS6 in Portland Oregon

Regarding the Kia.....nothing like flushing 20K on something that will bore one to their dreary demise, every day....both ways. Had one for a month as a rental few years ago (the Japanese car took an engine-out dump, despite perfect maintenance). It was actually pretty good for that purpose.

I had wanted for the Warm Weather package, until discovering or realizing it wasn't also a moonroof. The rear sunshades are great, however, and still do miss the rear electric window screen.

If the right color combo comes your way, even better. I ended up with completely the opposite of what I wanted. But it grew on me, and the car was otherwise what I wanted and needed.

Clean interior

Fair weather location

Beware of harsh element weather locations

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    What color is this car?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5102290401.html

It says Daytona Grey, but it looks lighter to me. Maybe it's the lighting, but it seems like other cars I have seen are quite a bit darker.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Beware of harsh element weather locations
    ????????
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

???????????

[ZQUOTE=Bigglezworth;275997]????????[/QUOTE]

Cars located in demographics with "harsh element weather" are in NO way any less suitable for purchase than any other location. One can easily state that you shouldn't buy a car in hot southern states because of sun rot, paint oxidation, etc. One can also easily state you shouldn't buy a car where winter weather exists because of rock chips, salt on the roads, etc. Finally, one can easily state you shouldn't buy a car in areas where there are hurricanes or floods. List goes on. While I understand why the comment is made, I have to disagree that it globally means 'stay away'.

Don't forget that frequently those with nice cars in locations that experience "harsh element weather" have more than one car.... The 'nice' car only comes out during late spring through summer and in to early fall months and experiences weather that is no different than southern locations that don't receive winter snow. That means less miles on the car, and means it's garaged even more.

Bottomline just ensure the car has been properly taken care of regardless of location. Cosmetic items affected by rocks, sun rot, etc., are just that - cosmetic - and something you account for as part of price - not performance.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Cars located in demographics with "harsh element weather" are in NO way any less suitable for purchase than any other location. One can easily state that you shouldn't buy a car in hot southern states because of sun rot, paint oxidation, etc. One can also easily state you shouldn't buy a car where winter weather exists because of rock chips, salt on the roads, etc. Finally, one can easily state you shouldn't buy a car in areas where there are hurricanes or floods. List goes on. While I understand why the comment is made, I have to disagree that it globally means 'stay away'.

Don't forget that frequently those with nice cars in locations that experience "harsh element weather" have more than one car.... The 'nice' car only comes out during late spring through summer and in to early fall months and experiences weather that is no different than southern locations that don't receive winter snow. That means less miles on the car, and means it's garaged even more.

Bottomline just ensure the car has been properly taken care of regardless of location. Cosmetic items affected by rocks, sun rot, etc., are just that - cosmetic - and something you account for as part of price - not performance.
    and with that...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micdrop.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	16561

I only said beware.

We are all grown boys and understand how regions and weather play a role in condition.

In no way shape or form did I say less suitable... so lets not put words in my mouth. Eh

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I only said beware.

We are all grown boys and understand how regions and weather play a role in condition.

In no way shape or form did I say less suitable... so lets not put words in my mouth. Eh
    Come on Dave. You well implied such. Geesh. You're fortunate enough to be one of the few with more than one RS6 AND fortunate enough to have at least one of those in show room condition because of demographics. We can't all benefit that way. Like you, I have more than one. I use one for winter and one for summer. In no way does my living above the 49th parallel mean my rides are not suitable for purchase. >sigh<

I had no idea we had royalty on the forum

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZFQFf_Vb0Hw

Come on Dave. You well implied such. Geesh. You're fortunate enough to be one of the few with more than one RS6 AND fortunate enough to have at least one of those in show room condition because of demographics. We can't all benefit that way. Like you, I have more than one. I use one for winter and one for summer. In no way does my living above the 49th parallel mean my rides are not suitable for purchase. >sigh<
    Last edited by DHall1; July 18th, 2015 at 05:37.