Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking at an RS6 in Portland Oregon

Hilarious... it's still for sale..I also drove that car. He was pining for $25K when I had bought mine summer 2012, about 2 months later. My car was meticulously cared for by a well off Japanese guy in LA. I literally bought the car in the same city it was originally sold.

In some ways Martin's car was ideal, color combo, straight, not a squeak. But it seemed a bit sluggish if I recall and down on torque. What stands out was the poor oil maintenance and heavily scrubbed tires. Wonder how the turbo's are holding up..

The pictures still don't show where his daughter nicely gouged up the paint (pass door I recall) in one hand-sized area. Young kids ,screw drivers, high zoot cars, unattended in a garage. Not in my house!

Also recall he was "selling" it because said Wife said to. He's done a great job of "honey I just can't seem to sell this things, darn it!".....

It may have the paperwork and history, but how the car was being used (hard, including track days at PIR) and the owners attitude on vehicle car sent me packing. There is more info on this forum, if it's possible to search back that far.

At $17K it might make someone quite happy. I'd have it looked over very closely, at least several hours shop time worth. Be interesting to put it up on the rack for a PPI...
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

FWiW, one of my newer RS6 customers could possibly be talked into selling. I think he's just lost the love for it and doesn't have the time. Original owner. Needs some TLC but still drives nice; turbo's and engine feel strong. About 80K miles.
    I put in Amsoil last summer, so the engine is well protected. Was serviced at Barrier Audi, prior to the move down here.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    My ideal car would be blue on white with CF trim, SE exhaust and no warm weather package. My dream version would be converted to a 6 speed!
    Almost sounds like you're describing my car, except its ebony black pearl instead of blue. If you wanted to take a look at a 6-speed car we could probably meet up. I'm not selling mine by any means, but since you're in the market, the more of them you can look at the better. And I know when I was thinking about the 6-speed conversion I would have loved to have seen/maybe test drove one first, but I didn't get the chance. I went ahead with the conversion anyway and haven't regretted it for a second.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

My ideal car would be blue on white with CF trim, SE exhaust and no warm weather package.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/32...elity-Warranty
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Hilarious... it's still for sale..I also drove that car. He was pining for $25K when I had bought mine summer 2012, about 2 months later. My car was meticulously cared for by a well off Japanese guy in LA. I literally bought the car in the same city it was originally sold.

In some ways Martin's car was ideal, color combo, straight, not a squeak. But it seemed a bit sluggish if I recall and down on torque. What stands out was the poor oil maintenance and heavily scrubbed tires. Wonder how the turbo's are holding up..

The pictures still don't show where his daughter nicely gouged up the paint (pass door I recall) in one hand-sized area. Young kids ,screw drivers, high zoot cars, unattended in a garage. Not in my house!

Also recall he was "selling" it because said Wife said to. He's done a great job of "honey I just can't seem to sell this things, darn it!".....

It may have the paperwork and history, but how the car was being used (hard, including track days at PIR) and the owners attitude on vehicle car sent me packing. There is more info on this forum, if it's possible to search back that far.

At $17K it might make someone quite happy. I'd have it looked over very closely, at least several hours shop time worth. Be interesting to put it up on the rack for a PPI...
    I sent him a text and apparently he has taken a deposit for the car, oh well, sounds like it might not have been the right one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    FWiW, one of my newer RS6 customers could possibly be talked into selling. I think he's just lost the love for it and doesn't have the time. Original owner. Needs some TLC but still drives nice; turbo's and engine feel strong. About 80K miles.
    I put in Amsoil last summer, so the engine is well protected. Was serviced at Barrier Audi, prior to the move down here.
    I'd love to learn more if he's seriously interested in selling.

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Almost sounds like you're describing my car, except its ebony black pearl instead of blue. If you wanted to take a look at a 6-speed car we could probably meet up. I'm not selling mine by any means, but since you're in the market, the more of them you can look at the better. And I know when I was thinking about the 6-speed conversion I would have loved to have seen/maybe test drove one first, but I didn't get the chance. I went ahead with the conversion anyway and haven't regretted it for a second.
    I really appreciate the offer, I'd love to see more of these cars in person, especially a 6-speed! I'm pretty sure I'd want a 6-speed eventually in any case. Almost every car I've owned has been a manual, I'm currently driving a B7 A4 with a tuned 2.0 and the 6-speed, and I really enjoy it. A similar car with about 200 more horsepower sounds very... nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    That one is close, looks like it was the warm weather package, but great color combo. There is another one in the for sale section that is almost exactly the same, also with the warm weather package.

Honestly, I'd really prefer to avoid the WW package if possible, the color is not as important, there really isn't a bad combo on these cars. Your advice about broadening my search is good, I bought a car in Salt Lake City sight-unseen from someone on a forum, and turned out really good. Just need to find the right car and seller!

I really appreciate all the good advice and feedback, makes me a bit less nervous about taking the plunge on one of these cars.

Gregg

Anyone familiar with this car:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...067839599.html

I emailed and it's still available.

Guessing he'd just turn it into the dealer if it was at the point.... Seems there is a possibility of intervening that process.

He's due for service very soon and could talk details. Have some pics of it on my shop FB page somewhere.

If there was serious interest on both sides could see about having the car left with me to show.

Feel free to PM your info.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Ha

Late vin

"Car has never had engine or transmission work"

No sheet Sherlock

I would subtract a little on this one for the Hankook Ventus V12 tires. I had those on another car and loved them but everyone on here derided them because they would flat spot from the load of our heavy car. And also in the picture he has started the car with the valet key, that's a little weird. Hopefully he actually has some key fob's.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just go buy this one, great price, good VIN, and all records, maintained well. Great price. Swap out the wood for carbon, will cost $1k.

If the link above doesn't work, please copy this link into your browser.
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=97405&endYear=2016&modelCode1=RS6&showcaseOwnerId=0&startYear=1981&makeCode1=AUDI&searchRadius=500&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&listingId=399786533
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

I swear I've seen that posted a few times on here with those VMR 710 wheels. Maybe the owner will speak up.

Just a thought. Buy the color/feature combo you want, as long as it's in good shape. The cost of maintenance will quickly (1-5 years) become what you actually pay for the car anyhow, and you can't just go changing colors and interiors...much easier to just fix mechanical stuff.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

My Carbon Fiber trim clearcoat was cracking as well. Matt at oCarbon said it was toast. not repairable.

Texas heat probably caused mine. Was always protected with Aerospace 303.

I still have a new full set from oCarbon (shameless plug). http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...ghlight=carbon
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

It's interesting, the car in LA also said the CF finish was cracking on his car. Apparently a more common issue in hot environments.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    My Carbon Fiber trim clearcoat was cracking as well. Matt at oCarbon said it was toast. not repairable.

Texas heat probably caused mine. Was always protected with Aerospace 303.

I still have a new full set from oCarbon (shameless plug). http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...ghlight=carbon

Of the trio of RS6's I had here, all three of them had a crack on at least one of either the driver or passenger door trim and the passenger dash trim. Certainly didn't hamper my purchase of a 20K ride though.... If you're balking at a piece of cracked trim on a 12yr old vehicle, then you might be happier at purchasing a new car with warranty.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Of the trio of RS6's I had here, all three of them had a crack on at least one of either the driver or passenger door trim and the passenger dash trim. Certainly didn't hamper my purchase of a 20K ride though.... If you're balking at a piece of cracked trim on a 12yr old vehicle, then you might be happier at purchasing a new car with warranty.
    Maybe you're right, I should just retain my sanity and get this:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/5095351601.html

Similar to an RS6, no?

I have a few of my interior panels are cracked but it is not super noticeable (not peeling though). It feel like maybe the inserts just couldn't take the the bending of the car. My car is in Tigard if you would like to see in person or I could post a photo. Note I have a piano black trim.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6