Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked RS6 in WA

Wrecked RS6 in WA

I've been looking for an RS6 in the PNW and saw this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5081771277.html

Not for me, but I thought I'd throw this on the boards since I know some of you like to pick up the pieces of a car like this. Hard to tell if the motor is damaged, but if it's not, might be a good parts car.

Might also to add it to the VIN list since I didn't see it there - 905162

What a shame.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

If someone buys to part out, I'll take the EGT's for a fair price. Looks like my application of the solder hack was only good for ~18 months...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

40mph huh?...right....that thing maybe hit by the time he slowed to 40...

Dave, can you buy this and part it out for us? I just want a damned power steering reservoir cover that is perfect...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Dave, can you buy this and part it out for us? I just want a damned power steering reservoir cover that is perfect...

Doubt you'll get that out of this one... :|Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00g0g_91dKYjtstGR_600x450.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	16518
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

My dad's a TV repair man and has an awsome set of tools. I can fix it!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_Nod65e7o
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

This is a tough sell. Most of the easy, high dollar sale-able parts are probably toast.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

That car was thrashed even before the wreck. And yes the accident damaged all the goodies

The front bumper cover is only scratched! I'll take it...LOL....darn front end crash....
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I contacted the seller to get a closer look at how bad the damage is. He e-mailed back that he's got someone that is buying it for $4k.
    Topcat_92

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    He e-mailed back that he's got someone that is buying it for $4k.
    When he had it listed on CL for $3k? Maybe someone offered him $400 and he misplaced a zero/decimal point.

Gonzo. Helps to be local for items like this as you can quickly discern what is good and what isn't when attaching a value to things. The car was priced farily in consideration of the damage and in consideration of what still remained for parts.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Too bad the impact was upfront, otherwise would be great candidate for an S6 swap...
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

^^

It still makes a good avant donor veh

^^ ya think? I'd be worried about subframe and/or motor damage.

I'll admit, I really have not looked into what it takes to swap a bcy into a S6.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Motor damage is the issue. Carrier is the same only front mount needs added to S6.

You need a bumper skin and rad but that's not too big. Harness, ecu, cluster, tcu, driveline, brakes are all there.

I had talked to the seller and he stated that there wasn't any "fluid loss" from the engine which I find unprobable given where all the oil and glycol coolers are on the car... He did however state that the engine didn't appear to have received any damage, but wasn't prepared to take any risk by starting the engine. Bottomline, you would need someone with mechanical knowledge to ascertain what the fallout damage wise is and with not being local, it's impossible to lay claim to what you can or can't salvage as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    I contacted the seller to get a closer look at how bad the damage is. He e-mailed back that he's got someone that is buying it for $4k.
    Where is the car located?
    It could be helpful for the collective for us WA peeps to check it out, if close enough...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared