Thread: The Avant is on BaT

The Avant is on BaT

I know we had a thread on this car already but I couldn't find it. The BaT comments are already great; I better not let my wife see that comments section.

http://bringatrailer.com/2015/06/23/...audi-s6-avant/
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

No honey, nobody wants to buy my car, guess I'll have to keep it, darn...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

The comments thread has gotten pretty good.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

Best comment:

"A clever Ingolstadt savant
    Converted his Audi Avant
    It must be a hoot
    With a manual, to boot!
    I’d love to buy it but can’t.
    Um, cahn’t."
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

One of this forums members who used to own an RS6 sedan posted a comment that states you can import an Avant (suggesting it's easy peasy) - which it isn't..... Lots of other uneducated people on why this particular ride is uncommon (in the US) and why it costs what it does to 'make' one. That said - Steve well knows it can be done for less even once you account for the donor, and the swap parts (albeit at the expense of his own free labour...).

Just over 18 months until I can legally import a 2002 model. Going to hope to get in contact with someone that speaks english over in Denmark or Germany area and see if I can work with them (at a nominal fee) to assist with sourcing a local ride then supporting efforts with payment and shipping. I have even considered doing two at once since the shipping ecomonics come in to place with the 40' container vs. the 20'. What I haven't taken the time to confirm yet is whether or not you could create two levels and stack them so that you can fit 4 inside one container. Now there's a good group buy hey?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    One of this forums members who used to own an RS6 sedan posted a comment that states you can import an Avant (suggesting it's easy peasy) - which it isn't..... Lots of other uneducated people on why this particular ride is uncommon (in the US) and why it costs what it does to 'make' one. That said - Steve well knows it can be done for less even once you account for the donor, and the swap parts (albeit at the expense of his own free labour...).

Just over 18 months until I can legally import a 2002 model. Going to hope to get in contact with someone that speaks english over in Denmark or Germany area and see if I can work with them (at a nominal fee) to assist with sourcing a local ride then supporting efforts with payment and shipping. I have even considered doing two at once since the shipping ecomonics come in to place with the 40' container vs. the 20'. What I haven't taken the time to confirm yet is whether or not you could create two levels and stack them so that you can fit 4 inside one container. Now there's a good group buy hey?

Can be imported. Not cheap or easy. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2006...ml/E6-6135.htm

"they are capable of being readily altered to conform to the (FMVSS) standards"

That's the spendy part, there. Didn't we have a forum member going through this headache about a year ago?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

i think he was thinking of the b5 rs4 wagons which are easier to import right?

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    Can be imported. Not cheap or easy.
    Correct. That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    "they are capable of being readily altered to conform to the (FMVSS) standards"

That's the spendy part, there. Didn't we have a forum member going through this headache about a year ago?
    Guy tried to do it, was going to be $30-40k and one year...he sent the car back. Forced to use all new OEM parts to conform.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com