Thread: zf5hp24 Oil pump removal

zf5hp24 Oil pump removal

I'm rebuilding the trans from my c5 rs6 without the manual and I cannot remove the oil pump for the life of me. Iv'e seen some posts regarding rebuilds for that tranny but, nothing very specific on the oil pump removal. Does anyone know of a "special tool" or a trick to help???. All bolts are removed and the only
    thing holding it in is the o-ring. Iv'e tried prying gently from behind the pump while pulling on the pump shaft and it just barely moves. Anyone else been here
    and done that or know where I can source/part number for the puller??

Best thread I've seen on the rebuild. http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php...04077&start=15
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Did you remove the half shaft and the seal tube from the DS?
    05 Cayenne turbo

Quote Originally Posted by TozoM8 View Post
    Did you remove the half shaft and the seal tube from the DS?
    You must have a second sense when someone posts a transmission issue...thanks for adding input on this site.

If you happen to have an extra G93 trans temp sensor from a VB I'll buy it off you! Just getting intermittent error, random temp number from it on occasion, performs fine otherwise.

Crash + Burn, can we get some pics and info on your rebuild and car? You upgrading VB pressure, clutch packs, reverse gear pin, other little things?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crash+BURN View Post
    I'm rebuilding the trans from my c5 rs6 without the manual and I cannot remove the oil pump for the life of me. Iv'e seen some posts regarding rebuilds for that tranny but, nothing very specific on the oil pump removal. Does anyone know of a "special tool" or a trick to help???. All bolts are removed and the only
    thing holding it in is the o-ring. Iv'e tried prying gently from behind the pump while pulling on the pump shaft and it just barely moves. Anyone else been here
    and done that or know where I can source/part number for the puller??
    You need to use a large puller that lifts on the neck of the oil pump while pushing against the input shaft. It's not one of those items that can be removed with just your hands.... Ensure you have the front drive axles out and the axle tube prior to pulling.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Oh ya, axle tube was out. I ended up using using two vise grip pliers with the grips wrapped in cloths, came right out. after pulling out all the internals I had the same issue
    as another thread someone else had. o-ring was split, bearing worn and falling apart and a clutch drum with excessive wear/scoring.

Thanks for the input.