Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody know the size of the caliper bracket bolts for the front calipers?

Does anybody know the size of the caliper bracket bolts for the front calipers?

These hold the caliper to the bracket not the bracket to the spindle.

Edit: it's 2003 RS6 I always forget that there's discussion of other models on this board
    Last edited by UrS6; June 15th, 2015 at 22:13.

Last edited by Bigglezworth; June 16th, 2015 at 05:48.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I need to know the size, length, pitch, etc. I think the head is 11mm hex but the other dimensions are more important to me

M10. Length shown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9637.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	16516
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

M10x73ish? Fine thread. I need to find some that are m10x96 or so

Doing a brake upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    M10. Length shown.

Name:	IMG_9637.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	16516

I actually need about 85mm length. Would everyone agree that this looks like an M10 x 1.5 x 73? I though it was finer but it looks like 17 threads per inch

25.4/17= 1.50 pitch?

I need to add about 12.5mm to it so 85MM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    Doing a brake upgrade

According to the 034 Motorsports link I posted above, they are 12X1.5X70mm socket head cap screw. It's a 10mm allenhead.

Ah, I didn't see your edit. I'm being lazy. I'll just pull my bolt and double check. That is probably the right size and I wanted to order longer ones before I tear it down. I am installing C6 RS6 390mm wave rotors.

According to the 034 Motorsports link I posted above, they are 12X1.5X70mm socket head cap screw. It's a 10mm allenhead.

Ok, quick question... are the bolts for the front caliper->brackets shouldered?

The ones on 034 site are:

http://store.034motorsport.com/bolt-....html?___SID=U

But the picture earlier in this post are not.

I got shouldered bolts (And assume that is correct based on past brembos) and am doing rotors/pads front and back on Friday in the garage... but not if I have the wrong f'ing bolts!
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

I can't remember for sure if mine are, but it shouldn't matter if you use shouldered bolts, assuming you have enough threads. And looking at the 034 picture is say you do.

if I were to guess from memory, I'd say mine are shouldered, but don't quote me on it.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Mine are shouldered. I also got longer Porsche bolts for a 390mm rotor upgrade and those are shouldered too.

thanks guys. brake job all the way around this Friday... anyone need pics of anything that would be exposed with the wheels off while I am in there? Seems like the forum has it covered, but thought i would ask.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

After market are likely always shouldered while the OEM units aren't.

Name:	Caliper bolt.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	16625

If you need front rotors Dan I have a pair for sale I can drop off. I assume you already got yours tho.

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    If you need front rotors Dan I have a pair for sale I can drop off. I assume you already got yours tho.
    Thanks for the offer... yea, got Zimmermanns for front, and had rears already. EBC yellows in front, OEM pads in rear.

After market are likely always shouldered while the OEM units aren't.
    thanks for comfirming

These bolts need replacing during a pad and rotor job?

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    These bolts need replacing during a pad and rotor job?
    No. A good clean of the threads and they are good to go.