Thread: 2015 S6 is very nice...

2015 S6 is very nice...

Was around a bunch of Audi's this weekend. Wow, has the S6 really improved in style, can't say about the performance but the numbers look good. Of course Premium Package S6 will run you $85k, but damn it looks good. The S6 from 2013 or so is not nearly as stout and aggressive looking as the new ones, impressive. The RS5, TTRS, RS7, A6 TDI, V10 R8, and others seem ok too...I'll dig up some pics. Check out an 2015 S6 in person if you can, makes our poor beast look a bit outdated.

Edit; Might be the 2016 Model it looks like by the listings, but around $80k. The 2014 just doesn't seem to have as much style or strength. I swear the new one is a bigger car, bit longer than the RS6.

Not getting a new car anytime soon, but I've been thinking of waiting 5-6 years for a used RS7, just can't get over how bad/bland the rear end looks on them.

Edit2; Pics...RS7 turbos on top, nice! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0422.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	16481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0425.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	16482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	16483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0428.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	16484
    Last edited by lswing; June 14th, 2015 at 23:22.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0426.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	16483
    These are my top 2 favorite new Audis available in NA.

S8 would be 3rd.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Some more of the RS7...matte grey is very nice, but I thought some of the lines/curves of the car didn't look clean with the matte for some reason. Here she is, used they want $110k, yikes. http://www.audinorthhouston.com/cert...a8f37c3abe.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	16492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0417.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	16493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0419.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	16494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0424.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	16495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	16496
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Some more of the RS7...matte grey is very nice, but I thought some of the lines/curves of the car didn't look clean with the matte for some reason
    It's not the color that's throwing you off, it's that awful rear end!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I love the rear of the A/S/RS7, personally. I don't like the matte colors myself, either.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

The RS7 is a love/hate type of car. I work for Audi and have never seen such a polarizing RS car. Looks aside- it's performance is it's strength. The RS7 and S8 are the only 4.0's that we classify under " Heavy" motor . It basically means Weapons Grade build.

The new S6 is much nicer than the 15's , but the main advantage is that it's now on our MIB Evo platform which gives one USB functionality, 4G LTE WiFi instead of the old MMI 3G in terms of AudiConnect. Processor is Invidia based...so stupid fast compared to Gen1.

No real performance gain from the 13/14/15 MY's except a mild bump in power. Love the full Navi screen privilges in the center cluster as I am not a fan of pop up screens at night.

I just took home a 2015 S4 loaded as it's one of the best bang for the buck cars we make, but I am building myself an RS3 as we officially are getting it here in the USA- I think this will be our game changer.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

My buddy just bought an A6 at a dealer...so while I was waiting, I sat my ass in a RS7. Awesome car.. until you get out and walk around it...can't get past the fugly...I know it's fast a stink...but oh, the horror...No use for a R8 either...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    My buddy just bought an A6 at a dealer...so while I was waiting, I sat my ass in a RS7. Awesome car.. until you get out and walk around it...can't get past the fugly...I know it's fast a stink...but oh, the horror...No use for a R8 either...
    Sums it up quite well...the 2016 S6 Premium is a nice sight in person, just a bit of flare around the wheels, decent rear end, aggressive front.

The RS3 is going to be a little monster; can't wait! Do you mind if I ask what you do for Audi? Corporate or dealership position? I used to sell Audis a few years ago; still wish I could go back but there's no high-performing dealerships close to me with openings.

Quote Originally Posted by RS2racer View Post
    The RS7 is a love/hate type of car. I work for Audi and have never seen such a polarizing RS car. Looks aside- it's performance is it's strength. The RS7 and S8 are the only 4.0's that we classify under " Heavy" motor . It basically means Weapons Grade build.

The new S6 is much nicer than the 15's , but the main advantage is that it's now on our MIB Evo platform which gives one USB functionality, 4G LTE WiFi instead of the old MMI 3G in terms of AudiConnect. Processor is Invidia based...so stupid fast compared to Gen1.

No real performance gain from the 13/14/15 MY's except a mild bump in power. Love the full Navi screen privilges in the center cluster as I am not a fan of pop up screens at night.

I just took home a 2015 S4 loaded as it's one of the best bang for the buck cars we make, but I am building myself an RS3 as we officially are getting it here in the USA- I think this will be our game changer.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Tell us about the RS3 please

no sportback

never mind

Quote Originally Posted by RS2racer View Post

Short stint with Corporate but didn't want to relocate to Herndon VA...so I am a Technology Manager at a retail dealership. Better money as well. It's an awesome time to be in the Audi business. We have a supply issue these days...everyone wants to drink the Koolaid : )

RS3 is sedan for now, but there's a good chance the hatch will be coming as well. The 5 pot is a better version of the TTRS motor which already has tuned 700+ versions floating around.

For me the big draw is the Magnetic Ride which will be a better version than what's currently on the S3. This is what truly aids in the driving the RS closer to 7-8/10ths . Our current S-Tronic is knocking at the door of PDK shift block times and will keep the IHI turbo of the 5 cylinder in the sweet spot at all times. I just hope the US version gets the 6 piston brakes with CCB option.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Chris Harris is testing an RS3 hatch starting today. Expect a video review in a week or so...the Ferrari 488 GTB review is very nice, wonderful test track also.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...ep7VJKe1sxvHFg