Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The reality of a 2004 RS6

All nice cars, that I cannot even begin to contemplate of owning. The one that I own is the best ! I get to drive her every day, either in a docile low pitch rumble, or in a predator deafening growl, she responds without hesitation and executes flawlessly. My wife is jealous!

3 is the limit for now. Project car needs finished or I need to build an avant..

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRS6 View Post
    Interested in a 4th? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    3 is the limit for now. Project car needs finished or I need to build an avant..

Clean looking 2002 S6 Avant for sale in WA. Has RS6 lights, wheel, grills. $10k, Mugello Blue, want more info?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yes

Yes
    From the seller...I sent him a message.

This is a feeler.... I'm not sure I'm ready, but I may have found something else I am interested in.

Car has a bunch of miles and some RS6 mods, needs a little work, PM for more details, I'm open to offers....

Edit; Just got this info. It's from FB, so let me know if you want his contact, will PM it.

It has 152k on it, replaced power steering pump a few months ago. Timing belt done at 120k, needs motor mounts and hand brake cable repaired. Planning to do that stuff pretty soon if I don't sell it first.

RS6 Alcantara Steering Wheel
    Piano Black RS6 interior Trim (Euro Only Option no ugly fake wood)
    Hotchkis sways front and rear
    Bilsteins w/ H&R springs
    Magnaflow cans
    Sitting on Alzor 17" wheels and snow tires no other wheels available

Headlights are not OEM they are after market and on the car when I bought it. Honestly I would probably find some eCodes on eBay.de or something if I keep it.

Any other questions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s63.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	16499Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s62.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	16500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s61.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	16501
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thats 6500 rough

@essexmetal, is that a true RS6 Avant or a conversion? I was reading a while back about a guy who tried to legalize an Avant here and the process was so cost-prohibitive I think he might have sent it back to Europe!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Rick - very jealous of the car, and the fact that you don't have to run a front license plate. I guess it's not quite an even trade for having to live in Michigan, though... Seconding question from Turbowned, is that an S6 conversion or imported and legalized? Would love to know the total bill for legalizing an RS6-Avant!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

It's the old Shokan car. Legit RS6

I've seen the Shokan car in the flesh as it showed up at SFest in CT many moons ago. It was a Flood damage car IIRC, but Aaron and his Dad got it all sorted out.

Now that mine has Koni's, gutted DP's, fresh suspension bits and a solid tune it really gets me warm and fuzzy every time I fire it up. I can only imagine how nasty it would be with a current 8 speed Tiptronic or 7 speed STronic. The final step is getting it to row gears with an O1E...or get one ready to go.

Ken is right- from 80 on up it gets to Ludicrous speed pretty damn fast.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

4th gear passing on open roads starting at around 60mph is a wonderful thing...

Very much looking forward to getting mine off jackstands and aligned with the new Konis, front control arms and tie rods, freshly refinished wheels, and getting a Eurocharged tune shortly after that! It's been off the road for too long.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Yes it is the Shokan car. Original rich Texas owner drove it through a flash flood and hydraulic'd the motor. Bent some rods so the boys got a set of Pauter Rods made for it since Audi offered no parts. So it is not exactly a virgin but it is only got 14K miles on it. Having owned a RS6 Sedan and my current S6 it is easy to see the amount of parts that are different / unique. Hats off to those who take on a authentic RS6 build on an S6 Avant.

Now i have the perfect RS6 donor for the S6 avant project and no S6. Crap

Save it, Dave, save it! Don't make it a donor!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

3 is the limit for now. Project car needs finished or I need to build an avant...
    Funny. It certainly begs the question about sanity doesn't it. I'm back to 2 and hopefully back to 1 in another year as I start delving in to the logistics of getting an 02 RS Avant out of Europe/UK (which should have a 2001 build date) shipped over to me here for Xmas 2016....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Funny. It certainly begs the question about sanity doesn't it. I'm back to 2 and hopefully back to 1 in another year as I start delving in to the logistics of getting an 02 RS Avant out of Europe/UK (which should have a 2001 build date) shipped over to me here for Xmas 2016....
    Definitely a German/Euro model right?...seems like you'd want the steering wheel on the correct side of the car...unlike those silly right hand drive Brits.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Definitely a German/Euro model right?...seems like you'd want the steering wheel on the correct side of the car...unlike those silly right hand drive Brits.
    With the likelihood of it being a 5Tip, it's not all that critical IMO. If I were rowing a 6MT, it would absolutely need to be LH drive as there is no way at this point in my life that I would want to try to train my left hand to perform the feats associated with shifting gears....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down