Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 for sale!!!!! Build it to your liking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    I personally have a bit of a hard time with the negativity. How many times can the same people same the same thing at any chance they get. You guys have made your point. Thank you for watching out for others and their money. But my annoyance is really just my own personal problem in the end..

I will tell you that with recent conversations I have had with some different people...as in not the usual list of name....EPL, AMD...etc, etc... I feel the sparks of new energy coursing through this forum. Plus these people will actually answer the phone and return phone calls...even texts!! This is a major leap forward having communication with the tuner while building the car...not just setting up a tuning appointment.

I am not saying that what people have done in the past was incorrect or not fully fleshed out. I am saying that the past is not my blueprint for the future.

I certainly have heard the name Daz (ddillenger) dropped on me a lot lately. I am interested in what is going on with the Nefmoto stuff as well. Not that I am going to tune anything myself with it. I will leave that to people that have an aptitude (patience) for that.

I think what is the key to my project is custom headers, no K04 framed anything, bigger MAFs and smart tuning. It seems that the custom headers and turbo being the biggest hurdle....and that isn't that big. After that is all handled we should make some nice power.

Brett I am not interested in buying your car...but seems we are going to be working towards similar goals...and maybe working together directly.

GLWS

PS. I feels like people think that no communication on this forum means that the project is not moving forward. I find it an unpleasant experience on this forum to have an ongoing build thread like I have done on other projects on other forums. Plus other issues like things taking unbelievable amount of time to get parts....one year on a custom gear set is absurd. But that is a rant for another time.
    I am at the mercy of shops that are not as motivated with my car's progress as I am....I am being kind in that statement....but it seems to be part of the game or I just have horrible luck... The upshot is this is not a tuner friendly forum as I see it. It is more like, "I didn't make it work to my hopes so you have no chance.....and by the way good luck." All the while I am doing things in my build different than yours so what is the point in that circle conversation??
    Ha! I'm at a toss up between your time spent complaining about your build or complaining about the forum

The main point, again, is 90% of these build threads end up defunct, don't take it personally. I'm sure anything can be accomplished with enough time, skill, and money.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I don't know what happened to Milka's build...?

I will tell you guys that I would not start this build with hind site. This was one of those rare occasions that I didn't fully research my initial purchase. I fooled myself in thinking I would just drive it stock. I made a completely emotional original purchase. I made wrong assumptions with regards to tuning. Then I had serious mission creep. With the purchase of a house and a remodel underway and my 4 rotor Whipple supercharged RX7 project picking up speed again I am pulling back slightly from my RS6 build. That means not going for 800hp plus....more like I have scaled back to 700+.

But all that being said, I look forward to my RS6 being completed... Now I just need to get a fire under some people. Hell, I can't even get the dude that has my heads and valves to return my calls, email or texts for the last few weeks. Thanks Lee Schwartz of Flowtech.. I have no idea if he is progressing or stalling on me. He seems very "on it" in conversations, then crickets...f*%k that shite..

I think if someone wants bigger power than the typical boltons then stepping into something like what Brett is offering up here is a great way to go.

Brett you might want to just put an actual for sale ad in the for sale section as this thread has become something else all together.

Plus some pictures please..
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    I don't know what happened to Milka's build...?

I will tell you guys that I would not start this build with hind site. This was one of those rare occasions that I didn't fully research my initial purchase. I fooled myself in thinking I would just drive it stock. I made a completely emotional original purchase. I made wrong assumptions with regards to tuning. Then I had serious mission creep. With the purchase of a house and a remodel underway and my 4 rotor Whipple supercharged RX7 project picking up speed again I am pulling back slightly from my RS6 build. That means not going for 800hp plus....more like I have scaled back to 700+.

But all that being said, I look forward to my RS6 being completed... Now I just need to get a fire under some people. Hell, I can't even get the dude that has my heads and valves to return my calls, email or texts for the last few weeks. Thanks Lee Schwartz of Flowtech.. I have no idea if he is progressing or stalling on me. He seems very "on it" in conversations, then crickets...f*%k that shite..

I think if someone wants bigger power than the typical boltons then stepping into something like what Brett is offering up here is a great way to go.

Brett you might want to just put an actual for sale ad in the for sale section as this thread has become something else all together.

Plus some pictures please..

I've got a local guy coming by today for the second time that is most likely going to pull the trigger on buying my car. I've got a guy coming to detail it in the next hour (I've got a german shepherd that loves to shed and get my car dirty). Thanks for the input though! If he doesn't buy it, that's what I'll definitely do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    This is an entirely INACCURATE statement. People install what will fit within the confines of the chassis without blowing their wad trying to reinvent the wheel by developing things from scratch. Again, looking forward to documented facts on getting larger turbos, improved flowing headers, improved compressor piping that clears the frame. Everything is about physical space limitations. Not engine limitations nor transmission/drivetrain limitations. 99% of owners want to maintain some level of sanity and keep things sensible. Both done in support of cost management and time management as you can easily have your car sitting out of commission for a year or more plus spend all of your space cash and time in development and custom work. This results in 99% of the owners utilizing a solution that fits within OEM locations and can be completed with bolt-up configurations.

That said, there has been 1% of the eager beavers out there that just have to go to crazy levels of modification so that they can profess they've "done it". Frequently using a "no cost is to much approach"....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...read?highlight=

So let me get this straight, I'm completely inaccurate but you go on to state that people only used what would fit the stock headers. Which up to this point has only been small turbos...... So basically you're restating what I said, People put small turbos in..... If I'm wrong on this, please do specify what big turbos were used that had fit the stock manifolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    This is an entirely INACCURATE statement. People install what will fit within the confines of the chassis without blowing their wad trying to reinvent the wheel by developing things from scratch. Again, looking forward to documented facts on getting larger turbos, improved flowing headers, improved compressor piping that clears the frame. Everything is about physical space limitations. Not engine limitations nor transmission/drivetrain limitations. 99% of owners want to maintain some level of sanity and keep things sensible. Both done in support of cost management and time management as you can easily have your car sitting out of commission for a year or more plus spend all of your space cash and time in development and custom work. This results in 99% of the owners utilizing a solution that fits within OEM locations and can be completed with bolt-up configurations.

That said, there has been 1% of the eager beavers out there that just have to go to crazy levels of modification so that they can profess they've "done it". Frequently using a "no cost is to much approach"....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...read?highlight=
    And yes, I see you put milka's build on there but he did EVERYTHING custom.....

For the record, I was being facetious.

However, there are many ways to quantify "fast". Limiting the definition to the quickest person to go down a track is shortsighted, there's a lot of variables involved there.

As for being one of the fastest, Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see too many RS6's running E85 and larger turbos. I'm not here to inflate my ego, or talk big. I'm just saying I'm going to have a blast with the platform, and hope that you'll reserve judgement for a bit :P

Quote Originally Posted by ddillenger View Post
    For the record, I was being facetious.

However, there are many ways to quantify "fast". Limiting the definition to the quickest person to go down a track is shortsighted, there's a lot of variables involved there.

As for being one of the fastest, Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see too many RS6's running E85 and larger turbos. I'm not here to inflate my ego, or talk big. I'm just saying I'm going to have a blast with the platform, and hope that you'll reserve judgement for a bit :P
    Daz

I hope it's everything you want it to be and more. Good on you for taking a leap of faith on this platform, hopefully it'll at least live up to your expectations.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Daz

I hope it's everything you want it to be and more. Good on you for taking a leap of faith on this platform, hopefully it'll at least live up to your expectations.

O_E
    Even if it's not, it will be. As a long time C5 owner, I have lusted after the RS forever. To say I am excited to have one would be an understatement. To be in a position where I can get the car exactly how I want it before I even see it is the best part. Historically I DIY this type of stuff. These days I'm just pretty busy, and the car was literally within walking distance of Brett. He's put a ton of time into it, but I am under no illusions here. I mean, I bought a high mile RS6 that would have otherwise been parted out. As a result, I can have a bit of a cavalier attitude about it

Should be excellent! Looking forward to hearing about how it all comes together. Certainly something special about the RS6.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by ddillenger View Post
    Even if it's not, it will be. As a long time C5 owner, I have lusted after the RS forever. To say I am excited to have one would be an understatement. To be in a position where I can get the car exactly how I want it before I even see it is the best part. Historically I DIY this type of stuff. These days I'm just pretty busy, and the car was literally within walking distance of Brett. He's put a ton of time into it, but I am under no illusions here. I mean, I bought a high mile RS6 that would have otherwise been parted out. As a result, I can have a bit of a cavalier attitude about it
    Agreed! I was 18 when it was first announced that the RS6 would be released in the US, and I watched the car rags for any info regarding it that I could find... Ended up being 10 years after first shipment before I could finally afford one, but couldn't be more pleased with the result (contrary to anything I might say here about how frustrated I am).

Having driven faster (down the track and/or through the twisties) cars, more "luxury"-oriented cars, and everything in between, I have yet to find anything else that makes my pulse race the way the RS6 does. You are going to fall in love with it. I just hope you don't pull the typical "Well, now that it's a manual, I guess I'll have to sell it" that 90% of those who make the switch seem to do. Enjoy it, keep it maintained, and drive it 'til one of you heads to the big garage in the sky.

Erik

PS - when you get tired of the stock head unit, shoot me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the source for RNS-E "factory" nav systems - I can't imagine my car without it, and am still boggled why Audi wouldn't have included at least the RNS-D as an option for the US market...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

And here I am trying to sell my rs6 before I come back to CO

Just an update for everyone. I have Daz's car almost done. As Daz stated, I put enormous amounts of time into it. We put in brand new parts for ALL the weak links, made custom downpipes, custom mid pipes, put hybrid rs6 turbos on, put in big injectors for e85, put the manual tranny in, did timing belt service, valve cover gaskets, changed out the plastic coolant pipe to a metal one, updated the maf seals, deleted secondary radiators, put SRM intercoolers on, and more.... I'm just waiting on the conversion harness and to have daz throw a base tune on it so I can put some miles on it and make sure everything is running the way it should be. When I'm finished I'll post some of the project photos for those interested.

^^^Sounds great! Will be a powerful ride for sure. So you around $8k labor and $15k parts ballpark? Just interested in general numbers for perspective on the costs of these upgrades. Please post more details if you want. Keep us updated and add pics when you can!

I won't know exact costs on this build because Daz bought most of the parts himself but on the next one i WILL know exact costs. 15k total would be a good estimate though. I put a build quote together the other day for someone interested in my car for just the manual swap and that came out to 8-9k. Doing the turbos, intercoolers, custom downpipes, custom mid pipes, injectors, custom intakes, and more, will cost a bit more in labor and parts obviously but 15k total should be fairly close.

Pics or it didn't happen
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

This thread I have missed.
    Sad that so many always have to be so negative to others builds and what does it matter how much it will cost in the end? it's not your problem..

I'm glad you chose brand new turbo with larger exhaust house and did not choose the SRM K04 you spoke about in the other old thread..

I'm very interested in how much these new larger turbos will cost?
    For my turbo's is my limit now to get more power.

Which clutch do you use?

Regarding manifold so do not forget that 4.2L means more volume = more gas per port.
    4.2L / 8cyl = 0,525L
    2.7L / 6cyl = 0,45L

But I do not think the dimension of each pipe is a big problem,
    Instead it's the last piece before the turbo that have a sharp 90 degree bend, and also is compressed that is a big problem for the flow.

Look at my picture on the RS6 manifold, so that is why I have put on custom built manifolds on my engine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grenrör 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	16550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grenrör 2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	16551
    Last edited by RS8; July 13th, 2015 at 08:21.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

And quarter of mile is not the best choice to see how fast this car will be.
    First you have the problem that he might break gearbox or driveshafts.

But the biggest problem is that it is very difficult to get a fast start with manual gearbox especially with street tires.

So the best is to test 100-200km/h = 62-124mph (third to fourth gear)
    With a performance box you can drive out to the highway and do this test at night.

Here you can compare with other fast cars:

4.2 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport - 1183hp
    4.6 - Koenigsegg Agera R - 1130hp
    4.8 – Bugatti Veyron - 1001hp
    5.0 - Koenigsegg Agera - 953hp
    5.5 – Koenigsegg CCX - 806hp
    5.7 – Koenigsegg CCR - 806hp
    5.8 – Mosler MT900 GTR - 600hp
    5.8 - Ferrari F12 - 740hp
    5.9 - McLaren 12c - 625hp
    6.0 - Porsche 918 - 795hp
    6.1 - Mclaren F1 - 635hp
    6.1 - Porsche RUF RT12 R - 750hp
    6.2 - Pagani Zonda F - 602hp
    6.3 - Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 - 700hp
    6.3 - Porsche 911 GT2 RS - 620hp
    6.4 - Porsche RUF RT12 S - 685hp
    6.4 - Porsche Carrera GT - 612hp
    6.5 – Pagani Zonda R - 750hp
    6.7 - Ferrari Enzo - 651hp
    6.8 - Ferrari GTB 599 - 612hp
    7.0 - Mercedes SLR 722 - 650hp
    7.1 - Corvette ZR1 - 638hp
    7.2 - Porsche 991 turbo S 2013 - 552hp
    7.2 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670 - 670hp
    7.2 - Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss - 650hp
    7.2 - Mercedes SLS - 563hp
    7.2 - Mercedes SLR - 626hp
    7.2 - Audi R8 V10 Plus (2013) - 550hp
    7.3 - Porsche 911 997 GT2 - 530hp
    7.4 - Ferrari 458 spider - 562hp
    7.4 - BMW M6 (2012) - 560hp
    7.4 - Ferrari FF - 660hp
    7.5 - Porsche 911 Turbo S (2011) - 530hp
    7.6 - Ferrari F430 Scuderia - 510hp
    7.7 - Lexus LFA - 560hp
    7.8 - Lamborghini Murcielago - 580hp
    7.8 - Nissan GT-R (2012) - 550hp
    7.8 - BMW M5 (2012) - 560hp
    7.9 - Corvette C6 Z06 - 513hp
    7.9 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - 500hp
    7.9 - Porsche 911 Turbo PDK (2010) - 500hp
    7.9 - Porsche 991 GT3 - 476hp
    8.0 - Ferrari F50 - 520hp
    8.0 - Ford GT - 550hp
    8.0 - Viper SRT-10 2008 - 612hp
    8.4 - Ferrari F430 - 489hp
    8.4 - Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera - 530hp
    8.4 - Aston DBS - 517hp
    8.4 - Porsche 996 GT2 - 460hp
    8.4 - Porsche 997 Turbo auto - 480hp
    8.6 - Porsche 997 Turbo manual - 480hp
    8.6 - BMW M6 V10 - 507hp
    8.6 - Jaguar XKR-S - 551hp
    8.7 - Mercedes SL65 AMG - 612hp
    8.7 - Nissan GT-R 2008 - 480hp
    8.7 - Lamborghini Diablo VT - 492hp
    8.8 - Audi RS6 V10 - 579hp
    8.8 - BMW M5 V10 - 507hp
    8.8 - Mercedes C63 AMG Black - 457hp
    8.9 - Mercedes S65 AMG (2008) - 612hp
    9.0 - Porsche 996TT X50/Turbo 'S' - 450hp
    9.0 - Porsche 997 GT3 RS - 415hp
    9.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo SE - 519hp
    9.1 - Audi S8 (2012) - 520hp
    9.4 - Porsche 991 Carrera S - 400hp
    9.5 - Bentley Continental Supersport - 630hp
    9.6 - Panamera Turbo - 500hp
    9.6 - Aston Vantage (2009) 517hp
    9.6 - Wiesmann GT MF5 - 507hp
    9.6 - Cadillac CTS-V - 564hp
    9.7 - Porsche 996 Turbo - 420hp
    9.9 - Mercedes E63 AMG -525
    10.0 - BMW 760 (2010) - 544hp
    10.5 - Audi RS5 - 450hp
    10.6 - Audi R8 (2006) - 420hp
    10.6 - Cayenne Turbo (2011) - 500hp
    10.8 - Porsche 993 turbo - 408hp
    10.9 - BMW M3 E92 - 420hp
    11.0 - Audi TT RS Plus (2012) - 360hp
    11.2 - Aston Vanquish S - 528hp
    11.2 - Audi RS4 Avant (2012) - 450hp
    11.3 - Audi RS6 -C5 - 450hp

11.6 - Mercedes SLK-55 Black (2006) - 400hp

11.9 - BMW X5 M - 555hp
    11.9 - Ferrari F355 - 380hp
    12.6 - Ford Mustang Boss 302 LS - 443hp
    12.7 - Mercedes ML 63 AMG (2008) - 510hp
    13.3 - Audi S5 - 354hp

Dare anyone guess at what time I got when I drove with my old S8 in my sign from 100-200km/h?
    Last edited by RS8; July 12th, 2015 at 15:22.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    This thread I have missed.
    Sad that so many always have to be so negative to others builds and what does it matter how much it will cost in the end? it's not your problem..

I'm glad you chose brand new turbo with larger exhaust house and did not choose the SRM K24 you spoke about in the other old thread..

I'm very interested in how much these new larger turbos will cost?
    For my turbo's is my limit now to get more power.

Which clutch do you use?

Regarding manifold so do not forget that 4.2L means more volume = more gas per port.
    4.2L / 8cyl = 0,525L
    2.7L / 6cyl = 0,45L

But I do not think the dimension of each pipe is a big problem,
    Instead it's the last piece before the turbo that have a sharp 90 degree bend, and also is compressed that is a big problem for the flow.

Look at my picture on the RS6 manifold, so that is why I have put on custom built manifolds on my engine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grenrör 1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	16550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grenrör 2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	16551
    Yeah, the negativity gets real old real quick! I'm almost to the point of not even posting results because all the negative people have annoyed me too much. I know there's people on here that want to see the results that haven't been negative though so I'm still going to post up results when they come in. The larger turbos will cost around 2500. You can buy them directly through me if you'd like. They're not available to the public yet but will be soon. To run them you can run most of the stock components, including the inlets and exhaust manifolds. I think that the inlets are going to be the biggest restriction in these cars. I'm going to be working with Apikol to design a higher flowing set of inlets though. The bend in the exhaust manifolds will slightly hinder performance but I'm going to run the stock manifolds on this next build to show that big HP can be made with them regardless. Thanks for keeping things positive! I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.