Thread: Help in Houston! Please!

Mech Help in Houston! Please!

Hi! I just moved from Twin Cities to Houston. I drove the beast down a couple of weeks ago (no, I did not bring the storms) and run into a few issues. I had a great independent shop back home, but they are now 1254 miles away and I need someone I can trust in the Houston area. Any suggestions?

As far as issues - the biggest is I am living out of a hotel while we are looking for a house, so I can't do anything myself while my tools are back in MN. My ABS module went out and I would like to get a remanufactured one. I also need to raise my car and stiffen up the suspension - I have 2Bennet coilovers. Who knew Houston has worse roads than Twin Cities?! I also replaced my tires right before I left and ended up with a bulge in one of them due to a slipped belt. Lo and behold Michelin has a 10 week backorder on Super Sports.

So, any help on finding an independent shop to help me right the beast is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    2003 RS6 MTM, RNS-E, 2007 Q7 and 1999 A4

What size pss do you need?

the ABS is an easy DIY, however in order to remove it you will have to jack it up in order to remove the front left wing cover to get access to some of the screws that holds it in place. Then send the unit to matt@cheap-abs.com and he'll fix it.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Mr. Hall, Standard 255/40 18

Mik, I don't have a garage to be able to do anything myself right now. That's why I need to find a shop.

Thanks!

On Facebook, search for Audi Club Lone Star Chapter, ask them. There is also Octane Society, but they are mostly Austin. I'm just north of Austin, and Brink Motorsports is a solid shop up here. You could call them, ask for Mike, and ask for a recommendation as a last resort. Good luck!

I can ask the groups if you're not on FB.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have a brand new pss if you need it

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Mr. Hall, Standard 255/40 18

Mik, I don't have a garage to be able to do anything myself right now. That's why I need to find a shop.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    the ABS is an easy DIY, however in order to remove it you will have to jack it up in order to remove the front left wing cover to get access to some of the screws that holds it in place. Then send the unit to matt@cheap-abs.com and he'll fix it.

This.

And, although not advisable, the car can be driven with the ABS module removed...
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

One of the 6MT conversion people might have an ABS controller...
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    One of the 6MT conversion people might have an ABS controller...
    I'll take anything at this point. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    On Facebook, search for Audi Club Lone Star Chapter, ask them. There is also Octane Society, but they are mostly Austin. I'm just north of Austin, and Brink Motorsports is a solid shop up here. You could call them, ask for Mike, and ask for a recommendation as a last resort. Good luck!

I can ask the groups if you're not on FB.
    Thanks! I never figured out how to use FB. I would really appreciate if you ask on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by vr430 View Post
    Thanks! I never figured out how to use FB. I would really appreciate if you ask on my behalf.
    No bites of the FB groups. I've found there are certainly less Audi's here in TX, and less mechanics to go with. The climate really doesn't have much need for Quattro, and with all the dry weather it makes RWD high HP cars even easier to own.

Anyhow, I used this Google search term and looks like there are a few Houston shops (houston tx audi euro mechanic). Give a call and see how they sound.

Again, you could call Mike at Brink Motorsports in Austin and ask him for a recommendation, but I'd feel a bit guilty myself as I'm sure he'd like the business. I can confirm Brink is a solid shop with some good mechanics who treated my car right.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks a lot for checking. If it wasn't for the herniated tire, I would make the trek to Austin, but need something a bit closer. After driving around some more, raising the front of my car is a top priority - who would have thought I would not have any issues in MN but get beat by Houston roads!

If you get the tire and stuff sorted there is an Audi state meet in Houston next week. I should be there, and it's just on the North edge of Houston so with any luck the roads are better. I'll ask around and see who people in the Houston area go to for work.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-ac...dAbXNuLmNvbS8w