Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS6 is now my Sunday driver. Porsche

Ooh, I like your seats v8a6! I would kill to have the sport seats with the Porsche crests on them. That and the leather dashboard. And leather/Alcantara everything else, for that matter. And PCM 2.1, and the X51 power kit, and PCCB, and... Oh heck, I like the car just the way it is! It's 100 times better than 90% of the cars on the road today.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Thanks!

Yeah, the possible mods on these cars are never-ending. Im a big alcantara fan too, so I may swap some GT3 parts in eventually and maybe some other performance mods. But, as you said, they are really amazing to drive completely stock.

Before shelling out $$$ for OEM Porsche leather/Alcantara parts, try contacting JPM Coachworks in Smyrna, GA. They reupholstered my entire BRZ's interior in Italian leather and Alcantara for probably less than half of what you'd pay for some of the Porsche OEM parts; they can do any color or custom fabric you like, too:

That looks incredible! Thanks for the tip!

Yeah man that looks sick! So after owning the Porsche for a couple of weeks I have made my judgement. Audi RS6 > Porsche any day. Lots of factors go into that, but I really do like driving my RS6 more than the Porsche.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Wow! Surprising. Is your Cayman a 6speed or Auto/PDK?

Ive never driven a Cayman, but the 997 C4s I have did take a few days to get used to. However, once I began to feel really comfortable in the car, I found it to be an absolute blast to drive.

I wonder, if it is the lack of power in the Cayman that is having it come up short in the comparison?

In any case, you have two incredible automobiles that are quite different from each other. A great combo, I would think. Have fun!

Cayman GT4 is no daily driver...

Congrats on your purchase.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Auto PDK. The power difference is noticeable..the Porsche is so slow compared to the Audi, but the main thing that makes me choose the Audi is the handling and suspension. Like Erik said and someone else. This car shouldn't be a daily driver and they are both two different classes of cars. I'm willing to bet the 2016 RS3 is x10 better than the 2016 Cayman.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Wait... Erik said the GT4 is no daily driver. The Cayman S and the GT4 are worlds apart.

I have to be honest with you, I dont know how you can prefer the handling of a 4000 pound AWD sedan over a sub-3000 pound mid-engine Porsche. Especially a Cayman, where everyone raves about the handling, above all else. But I guess everyone has their own preferences.

BTW, I drive my 997 C4s daily, and even in the winter with snow tires. I use it to drop my four year old daughter at school, and for grocery trips to load up at Costco. I guess everyone has a different idea of the ideal daily driver.

If you want something more daily driver friendly, then the new Porsche's are definitely for you. That is exactly what people like (and dislike) about the 991. It is less raw and engaging than previous models, and more GT than sports car. Try one out if you get the chance.
    Last edited by v8a6; May 28th, 2015 at 00:35.

I love both of my cars for different reasons. I used to say this about my BRZ vs. the RS6, too. I like having a sharp tool in the garage to complement the big, blunt hammer

LOL... good analogy

Ha

I only have blunt hammers. Lol

I dont think I could insure a P car for 200/6mo.....so I keep my hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    I love both of my cars for different reasons. I used to say this about my BRZ vs. the RS6, too. I like having a sharp tool in the garage to complement the big, blunt hammer