Thread: Help finding a wheel

Help finding a wheel

Sooooooooo I know this isn't RS6 related per se, but I don't know where else to turn. I picked up a set of wheels for my wife's A6, they were previously on a 2005 S4, and my local indy shop managed to mangle one with the tire dismounting machine. Pics attached, what you see is all the info I have on them. Any help figuring out what they are and how to get a replacement would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks
    O_E

Pics on phone too large to upload, next post will contain pics.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-WKQH7GMI-D.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	16392

Name:	Photo-EVLMVK43-D.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	16393

Name:	Photo-F3JEI7KJ-D.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	16394

Name:	Photo-BLF78XFR-D.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	16395

Name:	Photo-EXR8WZ3F-D.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	16396

o_e
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

have it repaired, if it is. didn't see big issues only issue might be color match, better shops this isn't an issur

Looks like that shop bought that wheel from you...make them pay for a new one.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Looks like something that could be repaired fairly easily. I've had it done before and the quality was as good as new, for around $100 per wheel. WELL worth it. Plus if the shop owns up to their mistake you could get all four refinished any color you want for the price of one new wheel.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Replying all above -

If I could find who made them, and find a suitable replacement, the shop is buying.

Can't repair the busted rim, is forged flow spun aluminum

Bigglez - no TDM stamping around the lip tells me this may be TDR, their lower quantity very high priced and quite rare wheels. I've put in an inquiry but no answer as of yet. If it is TDR, I'm going to be s#! + out of luck trying to find a single replacement, and they only do production runs of 100+ pieces...

The color was what drew the wife in on these wheels, anthracite titanium looks stunning!

O_E

Sorry to hear this. I've had similar issues way too many times at wheel shopes who claim to be very careful.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

those are MKIV R32 wheels no? But at that the time vw had them on the r32's i though audi sold one for like winter wheel tire sets in the shop as an audi wheel as in i think your dealership should know.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

nevermind, i see the lip is not quite right to be those true mkiv r32 wheels, aristos i believe is what they were called, but my second comment about the dealer winter/wheel package wheel comment still holds.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Still nothing. Local shop owner is still combing salvage yards and whatnot, and I've come to the end of my google-fu. Last chance anyone before I go back to the shop and get them to replace all 4 with something Audi OE?

O_E