Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rs5 wave rotors on rs6... thoughts?

9 pounds total is still 9 pounds of rotating mass. ��

For the price your getting, those rotors are well worth it. With that said, I think the wave thing is a fad.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    For the price your getting, those rotors are well worth it. With that said, I think the wave thing is a fad.
    Shhhhh... Don't tell those Pagani, Ferrari, Maseratti, or Lamgorghini guys about these. It would make their cars all that much better.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

They're a conversation starter, that's for sure.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Can the wave rotors be bedazzled???
    More Bling for my Thing!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

With my wheels I've lost an estimated 33lbs up front, then add in removal of secondary radiators/water and all the SAI junk...so what, roughly 40-50 lbs off the front?
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    With my wheels I've lost an estimated 33lbs up front, then add in removal of secondary radiators/water and all the SAI junk...so what, roughly 40-50 lbs off the front?
    Lose the spare tire, lose the tools, and swap out for a light weight battery in teh trunk and you save that amount on the rear also. Then remove your comfy multi adjustable seats and you save 100 more. Finally swap out the 5Tip for an 6MT and save another 50-75. Then you're getting closer to weighing only 4000lbs. 300lbs on these cars would be worth a nominal 3/10th's in the quarter and maybe half that in the 0-60.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Bigglez, I'm almost there. Forged BBS, Wave rotors, Onstar removal, Oddysey 925t battery (26#), no spare, don't forget that KWV3's weight a lot less than the Steel DRC plus the piping and central valves. 6sp this summer. Anyone know if the Euro Recaro's weight appreciably more or less? I've got a set now in the garage and I think they may be less??? Hey, almost forgot, I have the RS6+ Blue weave Carbon fiber trim, must save like 200lbs!!!
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Bigglez, I'm almost there. Forged BBS, Wave rotors, Onstar removal, Oddysey 925t battery (26#), no spare, don't forget that KWV3's weight a lot less than the Steel DRC plus the piping and central valves. 6sp this summer. Anyone know if the Euro Recaro's weight appreciably more or less? I've got a set now in the garage and I think they may be less??? Hey, almost forgot, I have the RS6+ Blue weave Carbon fiber trim, must save like 200lbs!!!
    Next step: Fill the tires and passenger compartment with helium, you'll be airborne in no time! XD XD XD
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Oh yea, i'm on coilovers too.. so even more weight lost.

Anything to help that poor tranny lol.

Did you install these yet? I was looking at some but was told the hub size is bigger on the RS5 wave rotors than our RS6 rotors? Soooo since we have floating rotors how does that work? Just curious , I don't wanna buy them if there's some finagling to be done to fit them. (Only interested in them because I was offered a price a tad cheaper than oem rotors and I'm in need of some)
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Yes I've been running them for awhile, they're a direct bolt on.

Yes I've been running them for awhile, they're a direct bolt on.
    Seconded, direct bolt on, no finagling necessary.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Hub size wouldn't matter. There's another flange the rotors set on
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Not sure why you're even talking to people with bad info when i posted the thread on the swap

This is how i'm currently rolling... don't mind the brake dust... EBC Yellows, before i sealed the wheels during the full paint correction...

Anyone else get just a hint of surface rust at the very outside edge of the scallop? I've noticed that on my rotors, pretty sure it's just the pad not making contact until it wears down to about 1/2 depth - the shape of the Hawk HPC pads is a bit odd in that it tapers to the outside so you're not really getting the full force of the pad until it's worn down a bit.

S8 - That's pretty hot, have always loved Mugello... If Skuld ever gives up the ghost on me, I know what color my next RS6 will have to be (unless the one and only Dark Cherry Pearl pops up)

O_E

Thanks man! Yea i waited it out on the right blue one

I don't think i get any rust with the yellows, haven't noticed anything like that.

Not sure why you're even talking to people with bad info when i posted the thread on the swap

only asked because the guys I'm thinking of purchasing from said the hub size is different and something about using a set screw to hold it in place. The rims I bought needed spacers and I had to bring down the calipers a bit so they wouldn't run the inside of the wheel, was worried if the rotors are a perfect fit like OEM then the calipers wouldn't fit the same and my wheels either wouldn't fit anymore or I'd have to bring down the calipers even more!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit