Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sold the Rs/6 on to an s7

Latest update, I lasted four days without the APR tune. Wow what a difference 563 hp and 627 torque, car got 24 mpg at 85 mph. The APR tune was cheaper 1600 versus 2k for the rs/6. Vagcom lowered it, turned off the seat belt chimes, key rolls down windows/sunroof, no warning when entering data in mmi when moving, drl to 100%. Pretty scary once I was done I had multiple faults but everything cleared, I thought I have this car for less than a week and I broke it. Engine sounds very nice with the windows down, still a little quiet. Handling with the sport differential is the backend really turns in compared to the rs/6. Driver Assist Package is the shit, adaptive cruise which in stop and go is a must, lane assist you can take your hands off the wheel and it keeps you in the lane, and blind spot warning. Comfort seats massage, heat/air very nice as well. One of the biggest things is when compared to the rs6, I was always expecting something else to break with the 6. Don't care now, good for the next 85k miles. This might be the end of the mods for me, stock wheels are nice and it is quiet but I don't think 5k for a new exhaust is worth it.
    rs6 sold
    2014 s7, audi exclusive 1 interior, black optics, havana black, Apr Stage 1

Color me jealous
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Hope you don't get flagged td1. Or you have a very good relationship with your service manager.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

My SQ5 stays bone stock driveline until 50001 miles.

Then watch out idjuits

Quote Originally Posted by dab View Post
    Wow what a difference 563 hp and 627 torque
    Please explain? These specs exist on many an RS6. I said it in another post, 10 years of development and a slightly quicker car in the S7 and RS7 models isn't attributed to the engine IMO. I attribute it to the transmission. The few 10's of a second are associated with more gears which can afford increases in gearing to aid in acceleration which the 5spd in the RS6 can't match. Add to that improved internals that make quicker shifts and voila you get a better end product. I would hope that a full decade of development along with lots of $$$$ would put a smile on ones face.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Hope you don't get flagged td1. Or you have a very good relationship with your service manager.
    I had the rs/6 apr tuned from about day one of purchase as well and it went to Audi until the end of its warranty. I never had any issues and trust me before I take the 7 in for service my apr dealer will flash it to stock.
    rs6 sold

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Please explain? These specs exist on many an RS6. I said it in another post, 10 years of development and a slightly quicker car in the S7 and RS7 models isn't attributed to the engine IMO. I attribute it to the transmission. The few 10's of a second are associated with more gears which can afford increases in gearing to aid in acceleration which the 5spd in the RS6 can't match. Add to that improved internals that make quicker shifts and voila you get a better end product. I would hope that a full decade of development along with lots of $$$$ would put a smile on ones face.
    the difference was the stock s7, to tuned s7. The 7 is faster no doubt and I would agree the transmission shifts unbelievably fast. It doesn't have the same pull as the 6 but gets there faster and smoother. Even though 627 ft lbs of torque I never saw on my 6 even with apr stage 1. Yet, the 6 was almost violent acceleration is the only way I can describe it. Both platforms are the shit, much respect to both.
    rs6 sold

Yes, but Audi looks at the flash counts. Dealer level has no influence on outcome when the car is linked up to Audi.

Quote Originally Posted by dab View Post
    I had the rs/6 apr tuned from about day one of purchase as well and it went to Audi until the end of its warranty. I never had any issues and trust me before I take the 7 in for service my apr dealer will flash it to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yes, but Audi looks at the flash counts. Dealer level has no influence on outcome when the car is linked up to Audi.
    Bingo. Flashes to stock makes no difference. Unless APR is doing something new, Audi could find out. But, not trying to start a pissing in match. Hope it doesn't happen to you, but I've seen several guys to tagged td1, with there ecu in stock mode. And once td1, Audi will never drop it off. You can try and tell the dealer to not scan the car, but Audi requires every car getting a full scan, with running a spec/actual comparison. And each dealer is supposed to be running the newest versions of ODIS, which is constantly changing and updating to detect modified ecus.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Bingo. Flashes to stock makes no difference. Unless APR is doing something new, Audi could find out. But, not trying to start a pissing in match. Hope it doesn't happen to you, but I've seen several guys to tagged td1, with there ecu in stock mode. And once td1, Audi will never drop it off. You can try and tell the dealer to not scan the car, but Audi requires every car getting a full scan, with running a spec/actual comparison. And each dealer is supposed to be running the newest versions of ODIS, which is constantly changing and updating to detect modified ecus.

I guess we will find out, this discussion has raged all over audizine c7 page. What is interesting is I never did anything with the rs6 after getting apr stage 1, never had it flashed back to stock prior to 35k service etc...
    rs6 sold

Well the rs6 has older ecu tech, which I'm not sure what or how it's checked.

And ya, I've read the c7 pages at audizine, kinda funny actually.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

^^ thanks Kraut, I try to stay current. Almost bought a C7 S6 but it was APR tuned....no way would I touch it at 11k miles. No friggin way.

I like bingo and chicken dinners!,

spoke with my salesman where I purchased the vehicle in Atlanta around the apr tune and td1. He said their dealership will work with the folks who have tunes if you are up front with it.

"We haven't...but it is possible that a dealership will. When plugged into the ECU the technicians tools sends back reports to Audi (unknowingly). Our service group require that you tell us upfront If you have the ECU tune to avoid this happening and we will work around it. "

This dealership is Jim Ellis, who supposedly is the top audi dealership in terms of volume in the us. Hope I don't have to go back to Atlanta for service.
    rs6 sold

Quote Originally Posted by Amulet-S6 View Post
    Love this photo. Can you email me a copy of the photo, or a link, please?
    That one was published when the car first came out. Audi later updated it...