Thread: I figured I'd chime in too...

I figured I'd chime in too...

I recently purchased this car from a customer of ours that was in the need of some restoration. It had low miles (just under 40k) but has been sitting since 2011, needs some TLC for sure! Sorting out a new problem every week seems to be the norm but you can't really complain. It came to me with a crappy tune which was replaced with an EPL tune from Tony, Milltek Exhaust and a couple other items. I didn't want to run them but it has 20" OZ Ultraleggera and in the end new tires were cheaper than buying new wheels and tires... the ride isn't a whole lot more harsh than 19's and they're much lighter than the stock wheels. Baby steps for sure on this one but she's getting back to her glory.

First day of ownership w/fresh detail:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5626.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	16262

Front w/quattro:

Name:	IMG_6450.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	16263

W/OZ's

Name:	IMG_6317.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	16264

Wheel shot:

Name:	IMG_6307.JPG 
Views:	200 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	16265
    Last edited by audisscott; April 10th, 2015 at 05:28.

Welcome! Sounds like it's coming together well. I can't fathom running more than 18's in the NE. NY state at least, and NYC, so many rough roads.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have a 5 mile commute and pretty much know every inch of the drive so it's not a big deal. I plan to downsize next season to some wider 19's and call it a day.

Hopefully another one saved. Can you post vin in the sticky

That's Coventry right!? You're not the owner are you? He used to own my number 1 car.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

The owner of CMC use to own that car, not myself. I remember it well though from before I worked here, was a nice car

Hi Scott, Jimmy said you'd joined the club, welcome.

Those 20" tires are terrifyingly skinny. Looks nice otherwise though!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Yeah, not a fan of the 20"s but they came with the car and tires were a lot cheaper than the wheels I want. Plan to downsize next year, need to sort out this car first. So fat it's been pretty fun to drive but you all know that =)

Happy to see that another beast has been able to find a home and get some TLC. Congrats on the purchase.

Hey bud ... you're going to love the //RS ! Took mine out for the first time in 2 weeks after ripping around in mainly the 911 which is a hard act to follow. All it took was one stab of the loud pedal to realize how special these cars are. I drive RS5's , RS7's and R8's at work all day so the fact that the RS6 still feels bespoke speaks volumes.

Looking forward to SFest this year mang !
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-