Thread: Girlfriend's 2006 S4 in Bad Accident - Insurance Negotiations

Girlfriend's 2006 S4 in Bad Accident - Insurance Negotiations

My girlfriend's triple black 2006 S4 Carbon Fiber, RNS-E new control arms and rotors all around w/ 69K miles w/ 3+ years remaining on fidelity platinum Audi Care Warranty was T boned by one of DC's finest taxi cabs this past Saturday evening.

She got the call from her insurance company that it will likely be totaled which is not what she wanted to hear but may be for the best considering the damage….

Couple of questions for the forum:

1. What is a fair appraised value to accept from the insurance company?
    2. Is this something that would be worth buying back and fixing (see pics)?
    3. We are going to get her belongings from the car, besides rubber all season mats what else should we take off the car?

Everyone's expertise and input appreciated, I want to make sure they do right by her.

Thanks!

Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

F-Me that does not look like a good hit! Based on location and how much is bent out of shape, it may very well be totalled.

Decked out an '06 S4 on KBB, came up to suggested retail purchase of $19,748. Don't accept a penny less than $20k if they total it. Note the options and how rare it is to find one with such low mileage (average mileage for an '06 S4 is over 100k already)
    http://tinyurl.com/lma7dar
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/lma7dar

In the meantime, Do you still have your Symphony HU? Swap with that RNS-E, or I'll swap with you, I've still got my Symphony-II and the removal tools. Snag all that carbon fiber (need to borrow some spudgers?) Grab anything that isn't bolted down (and everything that you can pull with minimal tools). Bring a small SUV and pack it to the gills with whatever you can strip out in the time they allot you to remove your personal belongings. Spare tire? snag. Jack and tire iron? Snag. Trunk carpeting? Snag. Engine cover plastics? Gone. Good battery? Good for a core deposit at any auto recycler or turn around on Craigslist. You get the idea

All this coming from someone who got absolutely F---ed by their old insurance company, F--- 'em right back.

O_E

Edit - Almost forgot, grab your license plates and parking stickers / inspection stickers / etc... you can turn those back to MVD / tax authority for refund on value (the plates could also be transferred to her next car)
    Last edited by Other_Erik; April 7th, 2015 at 13:27. Reason: Duh
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    F-Me that does not look like a good hit! Based on location and how much is bent out of shape, it may very well be totalled.

Decked out an '06 S4 on KBB, came up to suggested retail purchase of $19,748. Don't accept a penny less than $20k if they total it. Note the options and how rare it is to find one with such low mileage (average mileage for an '06 S4 is over 100k already)
    http://tinyurl.com/lma7dar
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/lma7dar

In the meantime, Do you still have your Symphony HU? Swap with that RNS-E, or I'll swap with you, I've still got my Symphony-II and the removal tools. Snag all that carbon fiber (need to borrow some spudgers?) Grab anything that isn't bolted down (and everything that you can pull with minimal tools). Bring a small SUV and pack it to the gills with whatever you can strip out in the time they allot you to remove your personal belongings. Spare tire?
    Thank you O_E great post packed with lots of great info much appreciated, totally agree she should get 20K + sales tax for replacement…

We are wary of a low ball offer and considering an independent appraisal to aid in negotiations if their first offer is low.

While we have already made a visit to grab belongings, rubber mats & full size BBS spare we have not released the car or agreed on price….

She wants another B7 S4 absolutely loves everything about the car, currently
    trying to find her another B7 S4 & the low milage examples seem to have largely disappeared from the market place! Carbon fiber and RNSE could be negotiated in the claim if she ends up with another S4 without those options. If she gets one & it already has an RNSE I'll see what I can do for you on the RNSE...
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Thank you O_E great post packed with lots of great info much appreciated, totally agree she should get 20K + sales tax for replacement…

We are wary of a low ball offer and considering an independent appraisal to aid in negotiations if their first offer is low.

While we have already made a visit to grab belongings, rubber mats & full size BBS spare we have not released the car or agreed on price….

She wants another B7 S4 absolutely loves everything about the car, currently
    trying to find her another B7 S4 & the low milage examples seem to have largely disappeared from the market place! Carbon fiber and RNSE could be negotiated in the claim if she ends up with another S4 without those options. If she gets one & it already has an RNSE I'll see what I can do for you on the RNSE...
    No worries, glad to help - be sure to pull CD changer / nav unit if they're the kind that are mounted in the trunk - good deal of value to those and only takes a 6mm or 10mm socket to get to 'em. Appreciate the offer on the HU, I've got a little cash to float if that'd motivate you, but trying to pick up a car for the wifey so it's very very limited until that happens.

At any rate - strip everything you can, take all the fuses and relays, easily plucked wiring harnesses, etc... if nothing else, at least you'll have known good spares

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)