Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest tune-up/ Upgrade. Let me help you!

Cheapest tune-up/ Upgrade. Let me help you!

Want the best price for your next tune-up? All it takes is a few discount codes online....

First, Spark Plugs, OEM is NGK PFRQ7 (Part Number 7963) Go to https://shop.advanceautoparts.com and add 8 of them to your cart. $14.99 each retail

Then, To get the discount... add 2 of the Spectre performance air filters (Made by K&N, exactly the same for half the price) $31.99 each retail

Once you have these items in your cart, add discount code TRT30... Bam! Instantly save $50 bucks off your order. $32.60 off the plugs, $17.40 off the filters.

$87.32 for all 8 plugs, Makes them $10.91 a plug.

$46.58 for 2 filters, basically you're buying one K&N and getting the other side free.

Shipping will be free.... (may be some small taxes tho)

Now... IM UPGRADING TO R8 COIL PACKS!

You'll need 8 adapters, I want with a guy on AZ (Contact member rdcyclist) for $124 shipped for all 8 ( They're AREN'T metal, (Pretty sure they're derlin material) which will make the coils last longer I assume, less heat. (034 wants $160 + shipping for 8 metal ones that aren't as good as these) Saved $70 bucks here.

Now For the coil packs, I used FCPEuro.com and got the latest rivision for them, part number 06E905115E. $18.99 each, BUT.. I have a loyalty code with them (5 bucks off over 149 bucks) so what do you do here? Add an OEM fuel filter (wouldn't cheap out here, it's small enough already for this car.) for $27.99

That made the coils cheaper than the audi parts sites, As you can select free shipping if you don't mind waiting...

Coils and filter total shipped $174.91

So, after all said and done... Total updated coil/ tune-up cost: $432.81

Pros...

1: You'll never have to remove the coil pack bolts to remove the valve cover again
    2: Coil packs will always be cheaper in the future over stock ones.
    3: Looks Killer!
    4: Filters have a lifetime warranty
    5: Discount makes filters cheaper than OEM, just don't over oil them.
    6: enjoy less misfires

Enjoy your updated RS6 !!!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

This is GREAT !!

Thx for the heads up
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

S8prtotype, is a conversion plug necessary for the r8 coils to plug into the rs6 harness

No, they're plug-n-play on the RS6.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Ok guys, Some bad news and good news....

THE FILTERS WONT FIT Even tho they list them as fitting, they don't... just add the K&N's.. you'll still get a great deal.

Now... on to the adapters...

They originally made for the V6 valve covers, which for some reason have an offset... so guess what.. ours are dead center... i went out on a limb to try this mod and well, here I am with the info...

If you use the same brackets I got, they're plastic so you can modify them easily... you'll have to trim off the bottom part of the bracket... the round part is too thick and hits our valve covers... shown here...

I just used a sawzall really quick, went right down the backside to make it flush... That way.. you can atleast get one bolt to work lol...like this...

Push the coil pack down into the bracket, then tighten the bolt... IT WILL BE PLENTY SNUG!

You'll end up with it looking like this...

Yes, I have black intercooler hoses I haven't put on yet

Sorry for leaving this up for a week before installing, I was on vacation with the wife.

I will talk to the member who made the coil pack brackets and ask him to make a set for the V8 valve covers with the hole directly in the center.

There is also cheap push down brackets from a VW but I think they're offset as well.. and look weird/annoying to use.

Once the carbon intake box is back on you won't even see that the top bolts aren't there...

My car fired right up with a fresh set of plugs and idles perfectly. happiness level 9 /10

Enjoy!!

Last edited by s8prtotype; April 14th, 2015 at 04:21.

Great info and thx for the heads up doing this mod
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Great info S8prtotype
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

Rep'd, thanks for the writeup! Did you get an answer back on the dead-center adapters? I'm not getting any misfires (yet), but based on age/mileage, I'm sure I'll be due for spark plugs at the most inconvenient time possible.

Thanks
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I sent him a message and will let you guys know what he says.

Hey guys, He has them Pre-programmed and ready for cutting already, They'll be made specifically for our V8's and i have a set on the way to make sure everything is good to go.

After these adapters are made everything will be plug-n-play for you guys.

DAMN good news
    Last edited by PCMacDr; May 12th, 2015 at 20:52. Reason: error
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Awesome! Is there an ETA on when they will be ready for us common folk to order?
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

They're ready now, he said he is waiting on his account to be approved here so you guys can hit him up directly.

I'll be in for sure. I just upgraded to the R8 coils in my GTI and the change is definitely noticeable. Quick start, smooth idle, better acceleration with a slightly wider torque plateau, and increased mileage at cruising speed.

Only loyalty code I saw on FCPeuro.com is $10 off for orders above $149. Did you have a different loyalty code you would like to share to bring each coil pack from $23.99-->$18.99?
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

Looks like they changed it... you can get the coils for $17.50 each here:

http://genuineaudiparts.com/partloca...catalogid=9493

I think there is still shipping cost though.

Hey guys... V8 specific adapters in and working perfectly...

Have fun updating your RS!

Yea, let us know when has an account here. I have no recollection if I have an AZ screen name haha. And I noticed you have no belly pan on, do you always run no belly pan or did you just have it off for service.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.