Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Makeover: New Color, New Wheels

Need just a bit more blue....

that seriously look fantastic!

have you perhaps got a bit more info on how or who cut the vents in your bonnet?

I really like that look.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Fonz, I love your Beast! She looks amazing on those wheels and stance! Are you getting any rubbing on the inside with steering full-turned or did you already address the nub? Personal taste kinda thing, I'd like to see those wheels sticking out just a hair - maybe a 10mm spacer in the rear, 5mm in the front? If I had an excuse to head down your way, would you offer a club discount for full-car DYC? Brilliant black looks wunderbar on the Beast, but she's definitely showing some rock chips / road abuse rash...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    that seriously look fantastic!

have you perhaps got a bit more info on how or who cut the vents in your bonnet?
    I bought a spare RS6 hood through the dealership, then designed and cut the vents myself. After they were cut I took it to a body shop who smoothed the cuts and painted the hood for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Fonz, I love your Beast! She looks amazing on those wheels and stance! Are you getting any rubbing on the inside with steering full-turned or did you already address the nub? Personal taste kinda thing, I'd like to see those wheels sticking out just a hair - maybe a 10mm spacer in the rear, 5mm in the front? If I had an excuse to head down your way, would you offer a club discount for full-car DYC? Brilliant black looks wunderbar on the Beast, but she's definitely showing some rock chips / road abuse rash...
    No rubbing at all. BC Forged gave me a custom offset for the RS6 and I'm very happy with the fitment. I could see them poking out a hair more too - but I'd surely see rubbing at that point. I'm happy with the wheels for sure. We don't dip customer cars at DYC, only shop cars for videos unfortunately.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

Gorgeous Fonz. Nice work.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

On the fence with black housing headlights, i have black wheels also... man don't know what to do.

on that note.. polish yours!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

This is what put's me on the fence about the headlights.... looks super tough! Lower lip may help a little too...

BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    This is what put's me on the fence about the headlights.... looks super tough! Lower lip may help a little too...

Anyone know the details on those headlights?

Also Fonz, I've dipped my grille bezels and they seem to be magnets for lint when I dry the car. Is this normal for the rubbery texture of the finish and what do you recommend to prevent this?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post

Also Fonz, I've dipped my grille bezels and they seem to be magnets for lint when I dry the car. Is this normal for the rubbery texture of the finish and what do you recommend to prevent this?
    This is what you need.

I don't want to speak too much on the product, as I'm not an official vendor here and I want to respect the forum.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia

Fonz, good input, much appreciated. Even though you are a vendor, in my opinion the quality of your work and attention to the RS6 make it more than acceptable to promote DYC to some extent, and certainly mention techniques and products when asked. It's when a company repeatedly shows their product on cars not associated with a group that it's too much. Top notch!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Fonz, good input, much appreciated. Even though you are a vendor, in my opinion the quality of your work and attention to the RS6 make it more than acceptable to promote DYC to some extent, and certainly mention techniques and products when asked. It's when a company repeatedly shows their product on cars not associated with a group that it's too much. Top notch!
    Agreed, i didn't even know this product existed. Definitely trying it on the wheels.
    Car looks dope!

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    This is what you need.

I don't want to speak too much on the product, as I'm not an official vendor here and I want to respect the forum.
    Thanks for this. I'll do some more research.

BTW, how are you liking the 911 turbo?

I drove my first 911 this week and what a mistake. 2015 GT3. Amazing and the PDK-S trans is bananas. Now everything just seems blah....
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Thanks for this. I'll do some more research.

BTW, how are you liking the 911 turbo?

I drove my first 911 this week and what a mistake. 2015 GT3. Amazing and the PDK-S trans is bananas. Now everything just seems blah....
    I like it. It's the fastest and best handling car that I've ever owned.

Still doesn't have the raw personality of the RS6 though..
    Fonzie

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    Current: '11 S4 | '14 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '14 GT | '12 Evo X
    Wow. Expensive stable and then some. Clearly someones bills are being well covered by plastic coating.... haha

Interesting business model that's for sure. I would have never suspected that many people want to put a coating like that on their automobiles. Then again I would have never supsected that many people would have put gawd awful 'erector set' rear wings on their cars either. Guess that's why we each own what we own and why we each have our own personalities when it comes to likes and dislikes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

There are a TON of dipped sports cars in the NW it seems, certainly a university town like Eugene, OR, very popular with the kids. Problem is half the time they do a half-ass job of it, but there are some good local sprayers that produce clean work too.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Fonzie it looks great love the video on YouTube! Would love to give my beast a new look if at least for a few months. Need some paint touch up though. Was going to get it done soon. How bad do small imperfections show through?
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

RS6-03: Milltek, ModTurbos, WagnerIC, Mtm 380, PSS9, Rs6 9,5x21", OZ 10x19", Hotchkis...
    RS2-94: Stroker 2,5L, Precision, CatCam, JE, Tial, Nira, H&R, MTM 8,5x18"...