Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charger SRT Hellcat...

The car looks good and it is darn fast too. There will be some very happy owners out there. Glad it is US made.

6.2L FI car vs 4.2L FI car. This is a simple numbers test. 50% more displacement equals 50% more power. 450-500 x 1.5 = 675-750.... There's a reason the 6.3L TT Merc's put down obscene numbers also.

That said, if you merely look at numbers - it's not all that impressive a stat. 707hp/6.2L=114hp/L. Many of our 4.2'sFI C5's put out 135hp/L or more; my old 2.5L FI Volvo put out 144hp/L; my 3.0L FI Honda engine puts out a tad more than 160hp/L; and my 4.1L FI Buick puts out a hair over 200hp/L....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

We own the first RS ever to hit US soil in a production retail sale.

Its 12 years old and was far ahead if its time.

Properly maintained and lightly modified it is still a thrill to drive every day.

Its a raw drivers car. The steering is right, the brakes are right, it rides and tracks like its glued to the road, and the power is smooth as butter.

I drove my daily 700 miles in one day this week, swapped euro RS6 recaros and made the mtn Julian fun run in SoCal on the way back with no problems. Heck and Iam an old fart.

Lol

Lets see what some 12yr/old Hellcats drive like after 12yrs on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by orcars6 View Post
    Sorry to offend anyone but the question does lure in our minds; deep love for the C5 RS6 always... but the thing keeps nagging at one thing or another/ oil leak after oil leak...what would I replace it with one day??? Another Audi- an S6 or down size with the floating rumor that the new RS4 may come to the US in 2016? Nissan GT-R?.... I know a different ride altogether but??? I don't think I'll settle for a Hellcat!

Do all Audis have this issue or is it only the aging beast with its fatigue vs. demand ratio that ails us?

No 'real' answers off the top of my head.
    Last edited by DHall1; March 24th, 2015 at 01:49.

^^^Good point on the steering, it's very accurate and enjoyable at moderate to high speed cornering...and it's always nice to have big brakes to scrub speed when getting into trouble...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

orcas6, I only have 75k on my RS6 but it's never leaked. I've had at least 3 others up on my lift that were dry too?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Properly maintained and lightly modified it is still a thrill to drive every day.
    Exactly.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    orcas6, I only have 75k on my RS6 but it's never leaked. I've had at least 3 others up on my lift that were dry too?
    Let's get this right....its orcaRS6!