Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portland, OR shops

Portland, OR shops

Hello,
    Are there any independent Audi shops that you would recommend in the Portland, OR area? Preferably with RS6 experience.

If you're open to a slightly larger area, down in Eugene, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Frequently services RS6's, including from the Portland area. Small city rates more than makes the trip worthwhile.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Matrix Integrated. They do all the work on my rs6 and very experienced. They have had the engine out of my car 3 times for various repairs and know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    If you're open to a slightly larger area, down in Eugene, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Frequently services RS6's, including from the Portland area. Small city rates more than makes the trip worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    OP - or if you're headed to Eugene, you could just pay Gary in six-packs... Personally would rather have him wrenching on my car than any shop I've got in my immediate vicinity. Would be nice to have someone in my area with his kind of expertise, but all the serious Beast-Tamers seem to be 400+ miles away from the DC area.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Soks View Post
    Hello,
    Are there any independent Audi shops that you would recommend in the Portland, OR area? Preferably with RS6 experience.
    Can you update your location in your profile and what is the last 6 of your VIN?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

"OP?"
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try to work with someone closer to the Portland area for now. I tried doing the long distance mechanic thing once and found that it was really a hassle getting rides, etc. just to drop the car off or pick it up.

Original Post

There are a handful of owners in your area, not sure if you look through forum members by location and direct message them? Maybe give this post a bump every week or so for a while in hopes they see it.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I live in Vancouver, and am a tech at sunset audi eastside, (the good one, not the one in beaverton ...lol) I can maybe help out. What do you need done? I'm about ready to do the whole timing belt service on my RS.
    Last edited by kruat; March 24th, 2015 at 04:03.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

There ya go^^

Thanks for the input guys. I don't need anything done at the moment. I just had quite a bit of work done on the car right before leaving LA. I just wanted to start the search up here so I have a better idea where to start when the time comes.

I live in Portland and headed down to Eugene to meet up with Gary this Monday. Excited to go with someone local. With all due respect to Mike, I have little confidence dealerships would service my car with my best interests in mind. Quotes for labor seem unusually high.
    Avus Silver: Viper ECU / MTM TCU / ACE TC / Rebuilt Trans/ PSS9 / AWE Uppers / Clear Corners / Carbon lip

I think ^^ Mike is saying he could help outside of the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by repda503 View Post
    I live in Portland and headed down to Eugene to meet up with Gary this Monday. Excited to go with someone local. With all due respect to Mike, I have little confidence dealerships would service my car with my best interests in mind. Quotes for labor seem unusually high.

Ya I meant outside of dealer. Unless your wanting something done I can't do in my garage.

But I agree, hourly rates for Rs's is stupid. Our shop rate is very competitive with indy shops, but everything on the RS books out high on hours. Valve cover gaskets, by book time, requires motor pull. Now, everyone on here knows you can do it with motor in, but our shop manager is very competitive with pricing and labor. If you ever not like what you hear, he'll work with ya.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Thanks for the input guys. I don't need anything done at the moment. I just had quite a bit of work done on the car right before leaving LA. I just wanted to start the search up here so I have a better idea where to start when the time comes.
    I am the opposite. Mine is in Vancouver, WA while I am in LA searching for a good place to park it here. Where did you take your car while you were in LA. I am in the Valley so Long Beach is a bit far for me.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

I've taken mine to Raven in Long Beach a couple of times. But I primarily used Eurotech in Culver City. Both have done great work.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Gray/Silver #905432
    2008 Lotus Elise Storm Titanium/Red

Cool, Culver City is much closer to me and a simple uber ride home. Now I just need one more parking spot and I will be set.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Has anyone used botta motor works?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Gray/Silver #905432
    2008 Lotus Elise Storm Titanium/Red

"OP?"
    Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try to work with someone closer to the Portland area for now. I tried doing the long distance mechanic thing once and found that it was really a hassle getting rides, etc. just to drop the car off or pick it up.
    It can work out well, especially with the reduced labor costs compared to big city markets. Transport logistics can usually be arranged to save people trips.

Actually have a RS6 switch planned soon in P-town; drive one up, bring one back. And will likely return later this month (and could likely do another switch). In general have been making a lot of trips to Portland this year, even Seattle. Been working on transport options to reach even further. Recently purchased a massive tow rig, and am shopping for a nice enclosed trailer specifically to haul our heavy RS6's.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com