Thread: Video: Audi RS 7 humiliates Tesla P85D

Video: Audi RS 7 humiliates Tesla P85D

RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

I've gotta say, that's pretty impressive. Those 85d's are nuts.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Something amiss on the Tesla. There is NO way an RS7 can out launch and make it to 60 quicker than an 85D.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yep, guessing non 85d, or they forgot to press the Insane mode button. Tesla should easily be there until 120+
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I think the Tesla ran out of gas
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Yeah that's not a D in insane mode. D's in insane mode jump on just about anything on wheels 0-30. RS7 would catch and fly by mid range though I'm sure regardless of what Tesla.

I had a P85+ and it smoked my APR V10 R8 until 55mph.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

APR?? I've heard the second Generation APR software for the RS7 really kicks... Maybe .2 to 60mhp and I've heard 0.75sec thru 1/4mi.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    I think the Tesla ran out of gas
    Insane is said to be on, but battery not full (60 I Think)
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Aha...YouTube comments state that it was a Norway test P85D with lower regulated power, or limited due to low battery or hot battery. They have a bit of a plastic feel to them, and no shifting plus no sound is blah. On paper its .5 second faster 0-60, or probably even if RS7 is tuned.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

There is definitely something we are missing in regards to this showdown. I have driven both, and until the P85 D model Tesla came out, my next ride was definitely going to be the RS7....

Now it will be the Telsa.

The interior of the RS7 is more luxurious, but the Tesla is a quicker, cooler and a much more fun car. And when I look at all the expensive bits and pieces under the hood of the RS, and the ridiculously few driveline parts in D, it seems to me the Telsa reliability will be greater. (I know everyone will jump on the battery life issue, but the ability to swap out the battery pack at a Supercharger station in lieu of a recharge should make this a non-issue)

All I can say is drive both, you will be surprised.

Some of the great joys of driving is shifting and hearing the engine roar. I could only own a Tesla as a second commuter car. Just sat in them so far, fairly nice though, construction still felt more like a Camry than luxury car.

Fully support lswing's comment in regards to the more primordial benefits of the IC engine. Fire..FIRE! (think Tom Hanks in Castaway)

So: BMW 745 guy (eye surgeon, no less) wants a Tesla. Mentioned the BMW i8. Now he's shopping for one. Influence....but yes would like to drive one...very much so.

As a daily driver would w/o question take the RS7.... and wife fully approves-- actually watches the market. Bet Tesla has huge corporate parties on the bucket loads of cash saved with an electric drivetrain at six figures street price....technology is the gateway to mega profits and perceived value on the consumer front line.

In the real world, I have regularly passed a Tesla owner on the daily commute. He's driving at 10 under the speed limit, daylight wanes (waxes?), lights off, windows up, crouched in an aero position to eke out every last watt from that juicepack....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Obviously I'm firmly rooted in the Audi camp, although just to play devils advocate
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-up...343967082.html
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Obviously I'm firmly rooted in the Audi camp, although just to play devils advocate
    https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-up...343967082.html
    At that price it makes the RS6 Stage 1 tune from APR look like a bargain for the same ~70hp.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

I want a Tesla P85+, or whatever it will be when I get one. I want the RWD just for fun. Tesla has said some performance updates will be in the pipe for the single motor cars, so I will wait and see what I can get on one of them.

95% chance I will get one within 3 years. Great for me to drive every day, 200 miles a day or so that I do sometimes.

Ludicrous speed: GO!

That will be fun to say, hehe
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold