Thread: Spirited drive against Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Spirited drive against Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Guaranteed not what the Porsche driver had in mind for a Tuesday morning after blowing by me to get front of the line at the red light leading to the freeway on-ramp. He passed me so fast initially that he didn't pay attention to what he was passing. Woops..... I'm certain his ego was hurt after he blasted away from the lights and tried fevorishly to break away from the car in chase only to be overtaken after a short bit. He sat back and took tail for the next 10 mins as we drove south and then gave it a thumbs up as he took an off-ramp in to downtown. The 'old' beast still has it and then some.

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Glad to hear it !!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Guaranteed not what the Porsche driver had in mind for a Tuesday morning after blowing by me to get front of the line at the red light leading to the freeway on-ramp. He passed me so fast initially that he didn't pay attention to what he was passing. Woops..... I'm certain his ego was hurt after he blasted away from the lights and tried fevorishly to break away from the car in chase only to be overtaken after a short bit. He sat back and took tail for the next 10 mins as we drove south and then gave it a thumbs up as he took an off-ramp in to downtown. The 'old' beast still has it and then some.

Nice! I've wondered how this car would compare to a Cayenne Turbo...

am I correct in assuming yours is close to stock?

I happen to have a '06 CTTS (520bhp stock) w/secondary Cat bypasses and I'd have to run it against a stock RS6 but I don't think a stock RS6 can take it. Now my RS6 being non-stock is a little faster (just seat of the pants) but a stock one.....
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; March 20th, 2015 at 00:09.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Nice! I've wondered how this car would compare to a Cayenne Turbo...

am I correct in assuming yours is close to stock?
    Nope. Has a tune, gutted DP's, resonator delete, & Walbro pump. Was a nice cool morning as well which gives that little bit more. The CTTS simply couldn't keep ahead which makes me presume it was OEM spec at a minimum. Owner had a dumbfounded look on his face and without saying anything was guaranteed thinking 'WTF'?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

i had a '08 Cayenne Turbo and i am pretty sure a stock RS6 is faster, you have an extra almost 300-400kg extra on the Porsche and according to specs the Turbo version does 0-62 in 4.8sec plus the take off is slower due to its mass...

i didn't like the old Cayenne too much, it is a heavy car and boy that can be felt when driving it spirited, high center of gravity, not very comfortable but great build quality, that's the only thing i liked about it. Now the new one, well that's a different story, lighter, lower, better interior, a complete machine to the older generation and one that can beat a 10 year old RS6
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

I had a 04 TT (early), it had some flash already done when I got it not sure what product. It was fast. It would spin all 4 wheels from a stop. Engine is a beast. Didn't care for it all in all a whole lot, clunky handling lots wind noise etc., but for a truck was nice for its time. I'd guess acceleration it was pretty dead close maybe little faster than my stock RS6. At least up to 80-90 mph or so, even tho heavy that thing pulled like a freight train down low. Agreed.... new ones are whole different car and wicked fast and add ceramics etc. = $$$. Try an X5/6M... they're not too slow either (at least the V8 TT ones... might be different now not sure), rear tires are 335s = plenty of hole-shot grip.

... those older 04-05 ones are up there with the depreciation kings too. > than RS6 for sure

This one had new tags on the plates and was from my knowledge of the model a newer '12 model. Have no doubt - we were both pushing past 220 by the time we had to hit the binders. He was just a 2-3 lengths behind by that time after starting in the front. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Nope. Has a tune, gutted DP's, resonator delete, & Walbro pump. Was a nice cool morning as well which gives that little bit more. The CTTS simply couldn't keep ahead which makes me presume it was OEM spec at a minimum. Owner had a dumbfounded look on his face and without saying anything was guaranteed thinking 'WTF'?
    Details on the Walbro pump? In-tank or in-line?

It was always my understanding that the stock in-tank pump was a high flow and low pressure unit (or is 'jet pumped' to end up being low pressure) and the in-line pump is a Bosch 044 equivalent. Therefore, any modifications to the in-tank pump might not be of any benefit or actually prematurely fail if it's not 'jet pumped' to be low pressure, as it will 'pushing' too much against the in-line pump?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

The '06 Cayenne Turbo S has more power (70bhp more than the regular CTT), larger brakes all around, Air suspension module goes to lower/stiffer settings than the standard Turbo, stiffer suspension bushings, standard larger/wider wheels that are optional on the regular Turbos (needed for the larger Brake rotors to clear (380mm in front, 356mm rear)) etc... so the Turbo S will turn circles around a regular Turbo. You can search Youtube for the Porsche Driving school down in Alabama where one of their Instructors is following a 911 C4S on the track and keeping right with the 911. I did the Porsche driving school about 6 yrs ago and that sold me on the CTTS. Most of the instructors owned one personally. And they've gotten better.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Can I get some butter to go with these rolls?

I walked a 2014 X5M (stock), again and again and again, didn't matter what speed we started at. Damn fast for a truck, damn fast for any vehicle and he was stock. He was shocked too..... when we got where we were going, he couldn't believe it. He swore something was wrong with his truck. I asked him did it feel normal before we ran? He said, yea, it felt normal right up until he kept watching the back of the rs6 pull away. Heh heh.