Thread: RE: Failed Login Notification on RS6.com | International Community

RE: Failed Login Notification on RS6.com | International Community

If you get an email "Failed Login Notification on RS6.com | International Community", apparently some bot is trying to access our precious RS6.com, but didn't succeed.

We do our best to ban all the IPs used etc., but it's hard work.

As for any website, use a clever, unique password.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Thanks Erik, much appreciated.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

When I tried to log in to this site a couple of days ago I think I may have contracted a computer virus. My screen froze and a suspicious "help center" number came up. Since this happened I have had a few spam sites pop up randomly. I'm wondering if anybody else had the same issue come up.

Quote Originally Posted by midwest1275 View Post
    When I tried to log in to this site a couple of days ago I think I may have contracted a computer virus. My screen froze and a suspicious "help center" number came up. Since this happened I have had a few spam sites pop up randomly. I'm wondering if anybody else had the same issue come up.
    Nope but every so often when I try to hit the archive section I get redirected to adultfriendfinder (I'm happily married and have never been to that site before) - I don't think it's a virus since it's happened on my computer, cell phone, and tablet...

Regardless, Erik, want to thank you for all your efforts and hosting this great site!

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Yep I got it today. Used Lastpass to generate a password that no bot will learn Use password generators folks. Love lastpass
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Got email today from RS6.com saying someone tried to log on to my account and failed - stated IP address was 188.138.17.15

I logged on an changed my password to a stronger alternative, Do I need to do anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by midwest1275 View Post
    This site has always had problems with adware, virus, etc. I can't access the site from my work computer that is protected by Webroot Security as it says the site is infected. I have also tried to access the site on my tablet that was then infected with cashware. I access this site only from an 8yr old machine that runs an old operating system and that I don't care what happens to it.

Just a heads up.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down