Thread: I missed this car

I missed this car

I've had my fair share of "fast" cars since I sold my RS6 in 2008. Honestly when I bought it back, I was a little bit concerned that I'd been a bit jaded since then, and the car wasn't going to feel quite as fast as I remembered it.

In all sincerity, there's something about this car that just feels different. I don't know if it's the way the boost comes in, etc.. but it provides a surge or rush that even my APR tuned S8 doesn't provide. The S8 is fast, but it's almost too smooth - there's no WHOAAA feeling.

I'm so glad I got this car back.. between the sound and the way it drives, I'm never letting it go again.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

I vote Yay!

I approve of this statement...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

In the tone of the girl in Pink Floyd's The Wall - Young Lust ' You wanna take a baaath' ...... are you saying ' its your favorite caaaar!'

This is the best.

Drove to Chicago with my brother in law a couple weekends ago. He asked "what car will you trade this one for?" I said "not sure. Maybe none. I'm sure I'll get another car someday, but I think I'll keep this one."
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Well uhhhh,

Some of us never left.

Some just kept adding additional RS6s. Oh sh't, I resemble that statement.

Some left only to find dead grass on the other side of the street. And now they are back. Lol

Some let 19yr/old drive and i get my next project RS6. And now even they are back.

I see a trend.

Two days a week I commute into our north Phoenix office. I leave very early....its dark....I have the roads to myself......cruise is set at 90 then I hit town and wind my way thru the concrete ribbons.....tunes are playing and the world spins perfectly. Ahhhhh how sweet it is

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    I've had my fair share of "fast" cars since I sold my RS6 in 2008. Honestly when I bought it back, I was a little bit concerned that I'd been a bit jaded since then, and the car wasn't going to feel quite as fast as I remembered it.

In all sincerity, there's something about this car that just feels different. I don't know if it's the way the boost comes in, etc.. but it provides a surge or rush that even my APR tuned S8 doesn't provide. The S8 is fast, but it's almost too smooth - there's no WHOAAA feeling.

I'm so glad I got this car back.. between the sound and the way it drives, I'm never letting it go again.
    Last edited by DHall1; March 3rd, 2015 at 04:33.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Some let 19yr/old drive and i get my next project RS6. And now even they are back.
    And I resemble THAT remark! And yes, going to try to keep this one at home for a long time.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

that is true, totally true, i feel the same way about my C6 RS6, it is fast but all that smoothness and how it does all too well it's just too much, too clinical with no personal touch i guess. However, on the other side, i don't think is that bad pushing the car to its limits and not worrying about the gearbox .

But i would buy again another C5 in a blink if a proper one will come up for sale around here .
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    that is true, totally true, i feel the same way about my C6 RS6, it is fast but all that smoothness and how it does all too well it's just too much, too clinical with no personal touch i guess. However, on the other side, i don't think is that bad pushing the car to its limits and not worrying about the gearbox .

But i would buy again another C5 in a blink if a proper one will come up for sale around here .

This about sums up why I've got no interest in anything past the B5/C5/D2 Audis.

Now they're more power, but more weight.

Why have 600 HP if it doesn't scare you a little and you actually have to pay attention to drive it?

Noise cancelling speakers in the seats. No thanks.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide