Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koni dampers on sale

Quote Originally Posted by lswing
    You are using the same Koni Yellow Sport just to be sure? And confirmed part # as there is a Koni Yellow that's not quite as strong.

82-2516sport and
    82-2526sport, yes. Approx on mid rebound settings.
    Although my car is euro spec - so it might have different spring rates? I'm not sure.

I have some, or did, have axles rubbing in the rear. But they self clearranced the nylon lower perches. Not really all that low...
    But lowering the front 1/4" to get a little rake made all the difference in how the car felt. With so many years of playing with adjustable suspensions surprised me in the way it changed the car and the seating position.

My ride height is dictated by the tire/wheel size on the front due to clearance issues.

Have Koni's on the "other" car. While they are super nice, for a lighter high power car, seem biased in the compression vs rebound ratio's (not enough compression). Koni seems pretty conservative vs Bilstein, for example. But the high rebound damping does pack up the shocks, raising the spring rates, but reducing travel. With only 2" or so to work with, everything counts!

End of the day, I'd also go Koni on the RS6 with stock springs. You get a huge range of Rebound damping control that will probably completely mask the (low) compression curve. Sometimes the KW3's become frustrating getting that relationship sorted-- and are also a bit sensitive to cold temps. NOT a good setup for cold winter use- w/o changing the valve adjustments (tedious to say the least). Never sensed that Koni was all that effected (but all oil will change based on temperature, matter what).

Still remember chasing after LSWING on the Wolf Creek drive, and being chased on Hamm Rd (smooth, where KW's like it) impressed with the net result.

The RS6 monumentally benefits from good shocks- of any brand -- over a tired DRC-- which is potentially dangerous even driving down the road.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    I have some, or did, have axles rubbing in the rear. But they self clearranced the nylon lower perches. Not really all that low...
    But lowering the front 1/4" to get a little rake made all the difference in how the car felt. With so many years of playing with adjustable suspensions surprised me in the way it changed the car and the seating position.

My ride height is dictated by the tire/wheel size on the front due to clearance issues.

Have Koni's on the "other" car. While they are super nice, for a lighter high power car, seem biased in the compression vs rebound ratio's (not enough compression). Koni seems pretty conservative vs Bilstein, for example. But the high rebound damping does pack up the shocks, raising the spring rates, but reducing travel. With only 2" or so to work with, everything counts!

End of the day, I'd also go Koni on the RS6 with stock springs. You get a huge range of Rebound damping control that will probably completely mask the (low) compression curve. Sometimes the KW3's become frustrating getting that relationship sorted-- and are also a bit sensitive to cold temps. NOT a good setup for cold winter use- w/o changing the valve adjustments (tedious to say the least). Never sensed that Koni was all that effected (but all oil will change based on temperature, matter what).

Still remember chasing after LSWING on the Wolf Creek drive, and being chased on Hamm Rd (smooth, where KW's like it) impressed with the net result.

The RS6 monumentally benefits from good shocks- of any brand -- over a tired DRC-- which is potentially dangerous even driving down the road.
    Good info, thanks for sharing. I am really considering going with the Konis.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    From 4.2Crew's thread, the part numbers he used were:

Front: 82-2516sport
    Rear: 82-2526sport

Edit: tirerack.com has these for $572 with free shipping right now.

Edit2: this place has them for $538.74 free shipping: http://thmotorsports.com
    Add another place for $538.00 shipped

http://www.tunersports.com/koni-spor...rt_p19702.html
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Ordered a set from THMotorsports. Soon my DRC will be gone
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

4.2Crew, that looks fantastic.... my DRC shit itself. Now I know which direction I am going in. Thanks a ton!

Still haven't gotten around to putting mine in yet, but re-read some of the info G2 posted, it further solidifies my decision. I have no intention of playing with suspension adjustments in this car, and it will be winter driven. I have no desire to try and keep threaded coil-over perches clean during the long winter or to tinker with settings until I get it "perfect", especially considering just how bad the roads are in and around Boston.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I ordered mine from Dave at www.esetuning.com not be confused with ECS Tuning.
    He is a great guy to deal with.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +