Thread: ECU wiring diagram ?

Lightbulb ECU wiring diagram ?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one for the engine ECU on the RS6 C5?

I want to know where each pin goes to:
    Pin 1 =
    Pin 2 =
    Pin 3 =
    Pin 4 =
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Have a read here. You'll need to register to download the docs, but this should certainly get you started.

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can find one for the engine ECU on the RS6 C5?

I want to know where each pin goes to:
    Pin 1 =
    Pin 2 =
    Pin 3 =
    Pin 4 =

That's for Audi S4 and it does not match my Rs6 ecu.
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump

That was why I said "Get you started" - but I did expect both the S4 and the RS6 to use a similar motronic ecu with the same plug and much of the same connector pinouts on the front. Is this not the case?

I used this S4 wiring diagram once before, but then it sued very bad so now I want to get hold of one that is too RS6.

The back of the Bentley manuals have wiring diagrams...would they have it for the ECU? If I remember I'll look tonight or I'll spur someone else here to tell me I'm wrong and it's not in there.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Put the information you wanted on the following PDF.
    I know it says A6 at the top of the PDF page, but the diagram from Bentley says it is for the RS6 ECU. There were various pages for the different pins, but you were only asking for pins 1-to-4.
    Hope this helps.

Haha
    NO. I want to know all pins on the ECU not only 1-4,
    but I don't want that sort of wiring diagram, I want the ECU pin layout.

Look at pictures on Google if you serch for "ecu pin layout" then you understand what I mean.
    Do you have that in the Bentley manual?

i went through the diagrams and did it all by hand writing when i was doing my swap. I was more interested in the plenum plugs to interface with the car. The ECU is pretty standard to most ME7.1 Cars.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

One thing I can not find now is on which pin the ecu takes the information of the oil temperature?
    If I follow the wiring diagram from the oil sender it goes only to the instrument cluster, so how can the motronic ecu get the information?

In the S4 wiring diagram I can find egt, air temp and water temp but not the oil temp?