Thread: Hard to believe the RS6 didn't make this list....

Hard to believe the RS6 didn't make this list....

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It prob. should have based on numbers they have others listed at.

$85k to $20k is 76% which is what the math on their M5 and 05 SL65 come out to. And 76% is more than all the others listed except the CL55, Phaeton and Cayenne TT.

Article is proof I'm definitely a big depreciation whore. lol I had a 04 Cayenne TT (nice one, premium leather pkg, one owner, low mi.s MSRP $96k) I bought in abt. 2010 for a song, but those older ones are way crude fit/finish/interior wise compared to newer, driveline still badass tho. Had a 2005 W12 Phaeton I bought in 2011 for close to % listed in article, should have kept it but had space issues at the time, want another one but few I've looked at in past yr. were unkept & beat. And last summer I got a '07 SL65 but its very nice up$ silver color rare red interior all options but still it pencils out to 72% the sticker was 205 I blv) opposed to 76% on the '05 they list.

One thing they all have in common.... they can be big $$$ and headaches to maintain even if you can do work!! Cayenne TT prob. best of the lot in that regard. Headache cars with high MSRP, the original owners have more $$ than time for headaches and just get rid of them.

Bentley GTs esp. 04-05 can fall into the make-the-list range too. And they are plenty fast, super super luxury and pretty much bomb proof. I highly recommend for the bottom-feeder class. Spurs prob. could too but I don't know those #s too well but I know generally people want them less than GTs and they weren't cheap. RR Phantoms too, they're 1/3 residual cars all day long and most of them are cherry, many barely driven & almost always maintained to the letter of the book.

Biggest 1 yr. drops, I'd have to give it to certain certain AMG models and Lambos (although since both Aventador and Hurican are newish models its better for rt now). The McLarens MP412Cs took brutal beatings too. For high end Ferrari has to be best, but they control and constrain the supply like gestapo thru their new car buyers "club" so its not a real supply-demand equilibrium IMO.

But for all these deprec. deals there are def. offsets in how insane the market is for some older/quasi-vintage euro cars. Go look up solid (doesn't even have to be very-good or excellent) pretty much ANY (doesn't have to be anything crazy like an RS) late '60s early '70s 911, Ferrai Testarossas pretty much all of them, Lambo Countach and Diablos all of them but say like Diablo VT even better... your jaw will drop if you didn't already know. And if you're like me you'll be saying "holy sh-t!! I could bought those all day long 4 yr.s ago for 1/4-1/5 of that price".

Yeah... I luckily got out of my SL65...and ONLY lost $10k in a year...that was painful...