Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine w/ headers turbos $3,750

Engine w/ headers turbos $3,750

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

"So when was the timing belt done?"
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Engine removed with 132,000 miles on the odometer. Supposedly was run tested and working well when it was in the car. No compression test performed to confirm internal spec. The last six of the VIN the engine came from are 905786.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Good for someone who wants a built motor but wants to minimize downtime on their car...
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Sounds like Casa Grande is gonna drop this into the SQ5 and make it a RSQ5...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

What are they doing with a '08 RS6 V10 engine?
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Oh Ben,

That was so yesterday. I already have a spare drivetrain.....heck a spare car.

Find me a blown up S6 avant please!

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Sounds like Casa Grande is gonna drop this into the SQ5 and make it a RSQ5...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Oh Ben,

That was so yesterday. I already have a spare drivetrain.....heck a spare car.

Find me a blown up S6 avant please!
    Challenge accepted!
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Free shipping too.

If it's not been sitting too long a Leak Down test would also work well-- better than a compression test either way.

Could always have them pull the plugs and inspect with a boroscope to check for visible wear or excessive scoring.

-- if good, then ship it over Lou
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

$8950 in Utah but motor is in still good?

SearchTempest

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Free shipping too.

If it's not been sitting too long a Leak Down test would also work well-- better than a compression test either way.

Could always have them pull the plugs and inspect with a boroscope to check for visible wear or excessive scoring.

-- if good, then ship it over Lou
    I noticed that free shipping, good deal. I'll just ship it to your shop so you can revive it Honestly if I had some extra cash I'd stick that in the garage and refurb it like new, damn work of art.

Here's the rest of the part out. Rubberized trunk mat, carbon engine parts, random stuff...no power steering reservoir cover, mine is cracked, grrr.

http://stores.ebay.com/AUTOHAASPARTS...4.l1581&_pgn=2

Definitely surprised/impressed that shipping is included....a bargain from what I've seen....and turbos (easy rebuild if not trashed). Anyone with a decent running engine probably doesn't really NEED another one... Be a great feeling to have a fresh mill, after replacing consumable internal bits.

This car will probably go the way of Porsche 928's, prices bottom for awhile, most items/parts are still available, prices climb (and don't stop), while parts become more scare and expensive to find. I have a $1,000 set of 928 Original Workshop manuals on my shelf. And two cars

I'm "in it" for the long haul on the RS6. Way I see it, by the time I need an engine (something that is worth rebuilding), won't be able to find the parts for it-- or won't be able to afford them. Already seeing my wholesalers reduce parts coverage, or cheaper brands creeping in. Plus that, or at least once was, 12 year Federal law won't apply to enforce OEM parts support.

Heck, I'm no rush it can sit here for awhile- chip away at it bit by bit along with the others. Throw in some personal time for the sake of educational enrichment
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

This would be an interesting swap into the D2 S8 I just bought...
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Thanks for posting the full Ebay store didn't see that it was a full part out...I asked if they'd sell that door card set in pieces.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Thanks Lou! This was run tested and removed from a vehicle with 132,000 miles. We do not compression test or boroscope these. Thanks for checking with us! Marco, Auto Haas

That would change if someone was waving cash in their face....

Or have a local tech go look at it. Spend a few bucks and find out before taking the plunge.

But we know these engines are pretty tough.
    Cheers, G2/Gary

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA