Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Website up and running

RS6 Website up and running

Ok, so I've had a bit of extra time and been wanting to build another portfolio piece for work. Basically a website dedicated to the RS6, it's intricacies and general info. Most of the front page section is photo heavy, focusing on some fancier html5 and css programming, although this is all template driven. The bulk of the pages are in a simpler form, and I might add some programming to those another time. The "Extras" tab might be most useful/interesting to some of you as it has the PDF documents that I've been able to obtain so far. Trying to add more relevant content, and I've added my fair share of BS

The page should function well on all browsers, and works well on an iPad, fits ok on an iPhone.

Please send me any info or feedback ( l s w i n g a t m s n . c o m, that's a lower case L to start). Content that could be used would also be appreciated. I've pulled some information from threads on here, so feel free to let me know typos or incorrect information. Most of the photos are either my car, or stock Audi ones. I plan on adding more over time here, along with some video work of my car. Cheers!

http://www.audirssix.com/
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Holy Smokes! Awesome!!! I look forward to looking through all of it.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Holy Smokes! Awesome!!! I look forward to looking through all of it.
    Thanks! You might want to skip through some of my ramblings, was attempting to fill space at times...

If anyone has additional documents regarding the RS6 please send them to me and I will post/host them. There's a euro fellow on rs246 that had a great repository and I'm hoping to get some info from him.

Still need to add on a contact page, along with a photo gallery. I might add in a users car section also.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Very nice!! I've got a whole bunch of service PDFs that a member on here was hosting on his google drive a while ago. I'm not sure where they came from but it may not exactly be "legal" to host them. They don't have any copyrights or trademarks that I could find, though. I could send them to you if you'd like to decide for yourself.

Very nice website. I would imagine that would be helpful for someone on the fence about getting into one of these cars. Seems well thought out, cleanly built and mapped well not a bunch of clutter and just information all over the place.

Right from the start it's apparent the website has a big presence about it. Nice going, Lou. Really nice. Wish I had those skills! It'll polish up nicely as time goes on.

BTW-860 imported into the USA sticks in my mind...but maybe it was for Canada too, or separate from them?

Hope TX is treating you well.
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Right from the start it's apparent the website has a big presence about it. Nice going, Lou. Really nice. Wish I had those skills! It'll polish up nicely as time goes on.

BTW-860 imported into the USA sticks in my mind...but maybe it was for Canada too, or separate from them?

Hope TX is treating you well.
    Thanks man, yea, going well. It's a template style based around photography, and wanted to focus on nice car shots. Hey, I wish I could work on cars!

Never heard a true number, some say 800, others more. For some reason the article that mentioned 860 stuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Very nice website. I would imagine that would be helpful for someone on the fence about getting into one of these cars. Seems well thought out, cleanly built and mapped well not a bunch of clutter and just information all over the place.
    Thanks! Yes, I wanted to get a general bit of info out. I should put in an extensive disclaimer regarding possibly mortgaging your home to cover repairs Hoping to add more technical info from you all over time.

Lou, Great Job and thank you for your hard work and efforts ( a new bookmark )

Now I have more to read and learn

And thanx again for all your support

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Very nice!! I've got a whole bunch of service PDFs that a member on here was hosting on his google drive a while ago. I'm not sure where they came from but it may not exactly be "legal" to host them. They don't have any copyrights or trademarks that I could find, though. I could send them to you if you'd like to decide for yourself.
    Thanks! You could send them over. I've got to keep an eye on data transfer amount per my hosting. Wanting to stick with documents that will make Audi happy if they find the page.

Cool. Lots of hard work.

860 to US in 2003 and 90 to Canada in 2004. There is NO difference between teh 2003 and 2004 models except for the additional front, rear, and side impact protection required by Transport Canada for improved bumper standards and crash test standards that exceed the standard values for the US and European Union. In 2008, Tramsport Canada harmonized it's bumper standards with that of the US thus permitting the 2003 models to be imported to Canada from the US which were originally prohibited. Up until those laws changed, only 90 units were available in Canada.....

On your page for the engine, it would be a nice reference for many to indicate teh 4.2 5V engine is a BCY engine.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by PCMacDr View Post
    Lou, Great Job and thank you for your hard work and efforts ( a new bookmark )

Now I have more to read and learn

And thanx again for all your support
    You got it, hope the car gets dialed in soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Cool. Lots of hard work.

860 to US in 2003 and 90 to Canada in 2004. There is NO difference between teh 2003 and 2004 models except for the additional front, rear, and side impact protection required by Transport Canada for improved bumper standards and crash test standards that exceed the standard values for the US and European Union. In 2008, Tramsport Canada harmonized it's bumper standards with that of the US thus permitting the 2003 models to be imported to Canada from the US which were originally prohibited. Up until those laws changed, only 90 units were available in Canada.....

On your page for the engine, it would be a nice reference for many to indicate teh 4.2 5V engine is a BCY engine.
    Excellent, thanks! I'll update the info soon, just what I'm looking for. I used your posts on here for brakes and coolant pages. G2 on brakes also. Nene on 70k misc maintenance. Good info like that gets lost on here, wanted a good place for it.

Excellent, you make us proud!

Great job!

Did you use Squarespace to design it? Or did you write all that code by yourself?
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyyork View Post
    Did you use Squarespace to design it? Or did you write all that code by yourself?
    It's a Joomla template/design. Very flexible and just takes some backend server setup and a little bit of code and tweaking of their system. Wordpress is also very strong in this area. Squarespace has some cool designs and is user friendly but lacks flexibility I've found.

It lacks flexibility, unless you could code your own website from scratch. If you can do that, then squarespace is one of the best inventions for web designers ever made. How experienced are you with coding and what formats? Sorry for the interrogation, i'm just curious! Looks good.
    Currently living in Ansbach, Germany. 03 RS6 US spec - Eurocharged Stage II tuned, OZ rims, Zimmerman formula Z drilled rotors, Ferodo Pads.