Thread: Sport mode gear change speed...

Sport mode gear change speed...

OK, so I've messed around with this off and on over the years, but it sure as hell seems the gear change speed with Sport Mode shifting is much faster with a quicker response and grab than Tiptronic manual mode. I would venture to say that Tip shift speed feels like the shift speed in Drive Mode. These shift speeds between gears will be a bit different for me as I've got the MTM tcu and an upgraded Valve Body with increased pressure.

I hardly ever drive in Sport because it's just a bit jumpy for my taste. But out doing a few 0-60 runs today I really noticed how Sport was grabbing the next gear, and on the downshift too. I've just been feeling that Tip, my preferred driving mode, wasn't engaging the next gear fast enough, and after today I think it isn't.

Anybody got input on this? Anyone ever see numbers, even stock, on the gear change times for each shift mode?

I suppose this might mean more Sport driving mode, and I can always use the paddles to move a gear if needed.

There's an open test n' tune combined with street legal showdown at the dragstrip next month, will see if I can make that happen and get some times.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It's somewhere between glacial and tortoise-like compared to today's dual clutch gearboxes.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold