Thread: Back on the crazy train!

Back on the crazy train!

Pulled the trigger and picked up a local car, lived its entire life in the East Bay of San Francisco. Black with blacked out chrome parts (+/- on that), Level 10 trans and TC rebuild by Griffin Motorwerks, Koni yellows DRC replacement, all service plus timing belt recent, interior spotless, has Eclipse head unit with nav and Sirius, new tires. Clean Carfax, body perfect. 113k miles, with about 15K on the trans rebuild and only 2K on the Konis. DRC lasted until 111K, probably the longest I have heard. $21k. And yes, I know what I am biting off ;-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second RS6.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	15990
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

What took so long! I must say the stars are back in order.

Max.......q ozzie

Last edited by DHall1; February 6th, 2015 at 05:35.

Nicely done! When does the boy take it for a spin? Sorry, couldn't resist. Looks like a great find and price, cool.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    DRC lasted until 111K, probably the longest I have heard
    Gotcha beat. 220K on the DRC that was still good the day it was removed and replaced with the Gen2 struts....

Safer travels with this ride.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Papa!!

Welcome back aboard THE

210K miles rolled

Well done! Looks like a great pickup!

Thanks, friends, happy to be back in Black. Spent a good bit of time considering options after the remains of my original RS6 went to the desert, and came to the conclusion that I just had to find the right next one. My son by the way had driven my previous one quite a bit and he knows that it was a boneheaded move when he totaled it. I threatened him with a Yaris for his ride when back from college, but I will likely let him back in the seat at times. Amazing to hear that your DRC went 220K, Bigglez, THAT must be the record. Frankly, it is all of the knowledge and good fun on this board, coupled with probably the best vehicle $21k can buy, that sealed the deal. Though a base Yaris is cheaper...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Nice Hardwin. I wish we could've worked something out for mine, but the logistics and distance just didn't work. Glad you could work out a deal with that local car. I've dropped the price on mine to $19,500.
    03 RS6 | CF Interior | KW V3's | 19 x 9.5 VMR 701's | 255/35-19 Continental DWS | GIAC Tune | Milltek Non-Res Exhaust - Black Tips | Stërn Adjustible Control Arms

Andy, I know you have a sweet ride out there, and I hope the right buyer steps up. Also hope you aren't in a rush. Might very well have picked up your car if you had been out West. But before you sell, be sure you realize what you are giving up!

It's always good to come home again so to speak. Been in and out of both S cars and a few M cars in my time so I know the feeling. Sounds like you got a good one with the Level10 unit and I'd rather have Koni's than working DRC myself.

Cheers !
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Welcome back, some more pictures would be appreciated!
    2004 Audi RS6 - 4.2 V8
    1993 Audi S4 - 4.2 V8
    2007 Audi A8 - 4.2 V8