Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 70K Service List

Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    I could not update the original list, but the service is done. Additional items in the service:
    - EGT sensors (purchased by by tech at dealer)

- Some vacuum hoses that were found to be cracked from age, and at risk of leaking boost pressure

Total bill out-the-door was $6300. That includes labor and all parts purchased at dealer (mentioned above and on the original post).
    You got a hell of a deal. VC gaskets, Cam seals, tensioners, and plugs on my car was $3400 alone. I was looking at EGT Sensors, $550 for the pair plus labor, probably going to happen later this year... Timing belt job was just a hair over $2k. Thanking the Audi gods that my O2 sensors were still good. Bufkin pipe adds ~4 hours of labor, motor mounts are not cheap (I had one replaced to the tune of ~$400)... the list goes on.

Still wishing I could find an excellent indy in the DC area like the lucky folk in Oregon and apparently Massachusetts. Honestly at this point would be almost worth the long drive up to MA, that's how bad it is here.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I'd agree it's imperative to have good labor that won't break the bank...and if they are going to charge at least do it right. Not always easy with this car. I knew going in that I had good mechanics nearby, and so far the shop here in Austin has been solid, just a bit more expensive.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Still wishing I could find an excellent indy in the DC area...
    Try NGP Racing. I've used them before for my RS6 (and will again).

They are in Lorton. Just down 395/95 to the South of the mixing bowl.

http://www.ngpracing.com/home/?page_id=137

CW

$6,300 sucks but replacing piecemeal would have been much higher. I have 37,500 on mine now. First owner replaced timing chain at like 17k 5 years ago. Has anyone ever had a timing chain break? Mine has always been stored in a garage and experienced very few moments of low temperature. This has been a great car overall.
    2001 M5 / Missed Dearly - 1995 993 Porsche / Missed - 2004 996 Porsche / Not Missed - 1999 M3 / Not Missed - 2001 MCoupe / Recently Departed - 2003 RS6 - Current

Belt not chain

You should be good to 40k mile intervals

7 to 8yrs should be ok as well

But just my opinion. I have one in the garage in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefo View Post
    $6,300 sucks but replacing piecemeal would have been much higher. I have 37,500 on mine now. First owner replaced timing chain at like 17k 5 years ago. Has anyone ever had a timing chain break? Mine has always been stored in a garage and experienced very few moments of low temperature. This has been a great car overall.