Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recaro Seats...

Quote Originally Posted by giles.dec View Post
    Personally I think the original looks better and is more comfortable.
    You're wrong Just kidding, each to their own. When did you try them out, impressions? Stocks are a bit soft and allow a bit too much movement for my taste.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Front seats

Here are the pictures of the before US Recaro RS6 and after Euro Recaro Rs6 seats. I am very pleased with the look and feel. The euro front seats make you feel more secured when sitting in them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orignial front seat.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	16083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new front seat.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	16084

How did you deal with the seat coding to deal with the airbag light?

After comparing the wiring of both seats, I found out that the reason people get the airbag light is that it has to do with the euro seats having seat belt buckles that do not have the sensor on them. if you look at the bottom of the US seat belt holder, you will see two green wires that come off it and go to the red connector underneath the seat, which are not there in the euro seats. This is the code I got when putting my passenger seat in.

00592 - Seat Belt Switch; Passenger (E25)
    010 - Open or Short to Plus - MIL ON

I am going to get some US seat belt connectors (part numbers are listed on my current seat belt holders) that have the wires and use audi repair wires to put them in their respective slots on the red connector. This should then get rid of the airbag light. I could just transfer over the seat belt holders on my current seats but i want to sell them so I will keep them on.

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    I am going to get some US seat belt connectors (part numbers are listed on my current seat belt holders) that have the wires and use audi repair wires to put them in their respective slots on the red connector. This should then get rid of the airbag light. I could just transfer over the seat belt holders on my current seats but i want to sell them so I will keep them on.
    Please, please let us know how this goes... I just bought a set to go in my car...now the wait for shipping....

I can confirm that if you swap your belt tensioners from your seats to the euro recaros and put the wires in their respective place on the red connector, no airbag light. The passengers side has two green wires and the drivers side has two green and two black wires coming from the belt tensioner

^Nice job and they look great!
    210K miles rolled

In my above posts , I mean the seat belt receiver on the seat, not tensioner.