Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gone she is now....

congrats on the new wheels, sure is a sweet ride and with that v10 power. The interior definitely is an improvement but I agree with the others on the exterior and think the C5 has the styling even after all this time, all the newer cars just look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by v8a6 View Post
    They are both lowered with aftermarket wheels. There is no way you can say with a straight face that the C5 blows the C6 out of the water in the looks department. That is like saying Rosie O'donell blows Jennifer Lawrence out of the water in the looks department, because she stands out more and has bigger flares. LOL

I am not saying the C5 is an ugly car. But be realistic. When I guy shows up with a brand new C6 RS6, the last thing you would expect to hear is that it looks like a piece of junk compared to a ten year old, dated Audi.
    Subjective. This is like saying the C7 Z06 'Corvero' looks better than the C6 ZO6. Not on your life. The C6 platform is bloated - period.

We do have the S6 in North America and because of the manner in which Audi strives to make everything look the same, the C6 RS6 doesn't have enough styling queues to separate it well from its younger brother. The C5 will always look better IMO due to wheel arches bumper treatments, etc. Anyone can alter ride height and bolt on a different set of wheels that floats their boat, but few can alter the hard codes items. I'd put money on the C5 coming out well on top for personal preference styling wise compared with the C6. Now the C7 on the other hand - totally different story.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; February 22nd, 2015 at 16:18.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Congrats on the C6.

I would agree the car doesn't visually portray the aggression I prefer in an RS model, but that motor just about makes up for it.

Now if they would only bring the C7 RS6 to the states, avant or not.. I would be happy. Not much of an A/S/RS7 body style guy.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

Gorgeous sample you have there @mik15. Nice trade up.

Nobody knows the C5 RS6 is an RS6 without reading the badges, either. Who cares? I like the sleeper demeanor of our cars. I don't have $#!theads trying to race me at every stoplight.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

the C5 has that special sauce which i can't really find it in the C6, yet at least, i don't know why, maybe because the C6 is so good at what it does, maybe because life with the C5 was made up of ups and downs so it somehow created that ownership experience, but i can agree that when looking at the C5 i can't help myself saying that is a beautiful car.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Nobody knows the C5 RS6 is an RS6 without reading the badges, either. Who cares? I like the sleeper demeanor of our cars. I don't have $#!theads trying to race me at every stoplight.
    They may not know it's an RS6, and most don't know anyhow. What is known is that it's a bolder stouter car with nicer front mesh bumper, rear oval dual exhaust, nicer body trim and style overall. I try and race the sh!theads
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    the C5 has that special sauce which i can't really find it in the C6, yet at least, i don't know why, maybe because the C6 is so good at what it does, maybe because life with the C5 was made up of ups and downs so it somehow created that ownership experience, but i can agree that when looking at the C5 i can't help myself saying that is a beautiful car.
    Well said...

I've got a new luxury truck for the fancy new interior stuff, kinda like the RS6 with its dated interior.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com