Thread: the v10 s6 project

the v10 s6 project

hey guys!

Finally got the v10 s6 project thread started on AudiRevolution. I am trying to be as detailed as possible, since a lot of the stuff we are investigating hasnt really been explored before, by anyone with an eye for performance modifications.

check it out

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=3145.0

Cheers!

here's a little preview of something we are working on...

Last edited by v8a6; February 1st, 2015 at 07:11.

Those headers are art!!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Thanks man. I can't wait to hear the car fired up, with them on.

Hey quick question: I was looking at your A6 4.2/S6 thread on Audizine; when you fitted some of those wheels (Enkei NT03, 5Axis Design) did you use adapter spacers or were they actually 5x112?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I used wobble bolts, and they worked amazingly well.

You have to enlarge the holes on the wheels just a small bit to use the wobble bolts. Here is a step-by-step I wrote up...

A few pics of drilling out your wheels for wobble bolts (not for the faint of heart on new wheels, and proceed at your own risk!)

1. Soak down all the holes and the bits with LOTS of WD (even better if you have cutting oil)

2. Start with a 5/8th step bit. Make sure you dont go past the 5/8th, or youll make the hole too big

3. Continue with a 5/8th drill bit. Make sure the bit is approved for use in metal (i.e. dont use a masonary bit). DO NOT PUSH IT DOWN AT ALL !!! Or it will quickly seize up. Soak it all really well with WD and almost just hold it so it floats in the hole.

4. All done ! Wash it up and mount.

That was with my winter setup tires, which were quite stretched on the wheels. If I still had the car and wheels, I would have gone with a wider tire.