Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "New" C5 RS6 Owner

"New" C5 RS6 Owner

Hi All,

I am new to my RS6, that has had some work done on it by MTM, it is a "recent" import from Germany to the middle east. The car has ride height and firmness adjustable suspension (I am not sure on brand, or details. but it feels to setup really firm at the moment, the body roll on the car (considering the weight of the car) is really amazing, and I can read the surface of the road like braille through the seat.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6 Interior.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	15946
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6 2.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	15945

I have started working through the car to make sure all is well, so far I have done:

-CV Boots (2 were cracked, assumed rest would follow suit shortly after)
    -Upper & Lower control Arms (Front & Back) - All associated bushes, joints, etc
    -Tie rod's
    -Discs & pads - OEM (front only, rear were still in good shape)

I am ordering the Timing Belt Kit, with tensioners', water pump, etc As well has a set of new plugs. Once that kit arrives it will go in for a full service. and snooping around for anything else that looks like it could use some love.

I am planning minor service intervals of roughly 3000 miles, as i want to do as much to prevent issues as I can.

Any and all advise, guidance, etc are more than welcome!

This is my second MTM tuned Audi
    I previously had an Audi S6. The 2.2 5 Cylinder variant, that had been loved by MTM and ran alot of RS2 parts as well as JE pistons, water/meth, other tweaks. on 1.8 Bar daily boost. that car was more aggressive than the RS6, and due to the substantially large turbo, the switch to boost was rather harsh. Those AAN engines are tough as nails, just did not die.

Glad to be a member, im sure I will have many questions along the way.

Knowa.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi RS6.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	15944  

Welcome aboard the..

210K miles rolled

Very nice, amazing seats! Welcome, and just keep an eye on the forum, lots of useful information posted here.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Of course I love the color. Polar White? Also is that a 2004? White is the fastest color we all know...
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I think I like my red better than white everyplace except that rear shot you put up. White is best with the amount of contrast going on form the rear.
    Looks sweeeeeet!!!

Ohhh the white beast. Enjoy

No need for 3k service. Use the correct oil and run 8 to 10k intervals.

Very very nice! Rare Polar white (at least in the US). Love the interior as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Welcome aboard the..

Where was my Crazy Train welcome?? J/k.....Sorry for hijack

The seats are awesome. I guess we got screwed on the US version or something??

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    The seats are awesome. I guess we got screwed on the US version or something??
    '

Exactly...think you can pickup a European set for around $2k, then shipping. So very nice, maybe one of these days...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Oh I love the polar white RS6...I'm so jealous.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Salaam Alaikom- It's a beauty; how's Doha?

Congrats on the car
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

Congratulations, the car looks excellent especially in that color combination!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the welcoming party. Ozzy was a nice touch!

Firstly, I have to agree with Hahnmgh63... there is some science some where in the world possible undiscovered yet true... that white is just faster. Much like an "R" badge makes a Vtech at least 1 second faster to 100... so only 25 seconds

@Fjc711 - That rear shot was a pure stroke of luck, taken with a cell phone, yet one of my favorite pics of the car. Thanks man

@DHall1 - The reason I was to do the regular service, is it has had the 3k service intervals up until now. and amazingly the oil still has a cherry colour to it. that and this is Doha, where it reaches over 55 degrees Celsius (131 F) in the summer.

@Vas160s & Iswing - The RS6's in South Africa had these seats as well (the 2 that I saw and drove at least)

@Orcars6 - Doha is overall a really nice place to live. the petrol costs 30 American cents a Liter (roughly) so getting 200 miles to a tank doesn't matter... they pay very well, and the expat community out here is really decent. so as a place to live out your dreams of owning these cars, with little regard for what they consume, and really what they cost is a great deal of fun. And I can ship the car back home once I'm done (or to where ever I'm going next)

I just got my RS6 last month and after having over 40 cars it is one of my favs,
    Welcome and enjoy the ride.

What source did you use in finding the car in Germany?

I didn't import it myself, the previous owner did. And noone is here in the gulf forever.
    Although I do plan on shipping the car out once I leave here. If you are not in a rush shipping isnt to costly.
    I think what I paid for the car was a really good price, and hard to get again once I get to where I'm going