Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "New" C5 RS6 Owner

Damn, was hoping it meant I had the hot weather package.
    I need a good fun NA car for summer...

Im glad to announce that my car has the Hot Weather Package! relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Knowa View Post
    Im glad to announce that my car has the Hot Weather Package! relief!
    Lucky! To my knowledge, that wasn't a very commonly ordered option for Euro spec Audis before the big heat wave of 2006.

Let us know how it goes with your chosen solution(s), don't forget to hook up the vag-com and get some charge air temps before/after whatever you plan to do. I'm interested in updating my cooling system since my car can't seem to shake this P2181 fault (Malfunction in performance cooling system) - love it when we get vague code information :\

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Will do. this might take some time though... shipping can take anything up to "All of time"... mad.
    but I wont do any of it until I have it all. see if I can make good noticeable difference in charge temps.

Okay so, new Issue...
    The cars camber on the front wheels is out, but they say that it needs to be "modified" to correct it...
    this has ruined 2 tires in not even 2000 miles. please tell me someone knows about this...

Oh, and to add to it, the car has been lowered... it has after market springs and shocks. sits slightly lower, but not sure how much lower.

Oh, and to add to it, the car has been lowered... it has after market springs and shocks. sits slightly lower, but not sure how much lower.
    Most likely why the camber is off. Make sure the shop's "modified" means a camber offset bolt kit, not re-drilling components (ask me how I know that's bad)

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

LOL, how do you know thats bad?

so is this camber adjustment bolt kit, literally just a set of bolts? or is there more to is?

You do have an alignment right? What are your numbers? I assume something is off, as mentioned, camber. Sounds like it's sitting too low, and the stock control arms cannot meet the needed adjustment. Adjustable control arms I believe, or just raise it up a bit. This is not common though, even with most lowered cars, so I assume you are that extra bit lower causing the issue. Or else very worn bushing (lots of vibration?) or bent control arms from a wreck.

There is a thread in the last 3-4 pages regarding wheel center to fender height, that will give you an idea of how low you are.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

LOL, how do you know thats bad?

so is this camber adjustment bolt kit, literally just a set of bolts? or is there more to is?
    I put a Koni adjustable coilover kit on my old grand prix, it set the camber off just enough to eat tires pretty quickly. A local shop "adjusted" it by drilling out the camber adjustment bolt hole and putting a longer bolt in, at which point Koni wouldn't honor the warranty, and I ended up eating ~$600 to replace a blown strut about a year later.

Camber adjustment bolt kits are usually just an offset plate with one bolt threaded through each side to change the mating surface angle from control arms to struts - not sure exactly how it would look / be applied on the RS6 since I'm not intimately familiar with the suspension. Others here may have a better idea, or know exactly how to fix your issue, my only word of advice is to be leery of any "modification" to aftermarket parts if you want to be able to make a warranty claim on them at any time in the future...

O_E

maybe i can just get the standard suspension.

maybe i can just get the standard suspension.
    I'm sure you've read, the stock DRC is very problematic, and one of the main reasons why so many of us are on aftermarket setups.

I, and many others, run Koni Yellow Sport struts with the stock springs; a great performing and affordable setup. Koni's are around $700, and you should able to source springs. Many also like the H&R coilovers, adjustable, and around $1,200 with springs so you would be good to go.

Is your current setup not adjustable? Seems odd for aftermarket, any idea what it is?

Edit; Here are the Koni's, deal at $135 each!, and HR's. http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...3&autoModClar=
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have no idea what they are... what I can tell you is they are Red... probably doesnt give you enough to go on, but ill check.

They are adjustable. so in theory if I just raise it up, would it get rid of my camber issue? What is the car's stock ride height?

What part of this car is not problematic?

What part of this car is not problematic?
    Most of it isn't, you just need a good mechanic Many issues can be solved quickly, just sounds like your car has been abused by the previous owner(s).

Yes, just raise it up a bit, might solve your problem. Of course with any of these adjustments, you need an alignment. I think most people are in the 14 inch range from the center of the wheel/hub to the fender. I am 14.25" front and 13.75" rear, roughly.

My cars are lowered and I have 0 problems

get 20k miles out of the tires

no fancy gizmos no fancy upper control arms

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    My cars are lowered and I have 0 problems

get 20k miles out of the tires

no fancy gizmos no fancy upper control arms
    How low is low? I'm counting on you to have the hub to fender height memorized...

Guessing Knowa is just too low.

My car is LOW, if the road was female there would be baby RS6's EVERYWHERE... I have to drive an additional 2 miles home to avoid the 1 speed bump...