Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ecu fried???????

You don't need to bring the car to the dealer for immobilizer coding. It can be done via VAG-COM.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    This would be the route to go first before spending cash on a new ecu. It still may need the ecu but may as well try this first......cant hurt.

If it needs newecu then car has to go to dealer for immob coding

If not....then anyone can r and r the ecu and send it in..

I tune RS6s. Smooth, powerful, safe & affordable. Proven results. PM me for more info
    Mugello Blue RS6 \ 206K Miles \ Tune Only \ 11.93 @ 116.9 \ http://y2u.be/TqE3-JzYCig \ Daytona Grey RS6 \ Tune, Decatted & Exhaust \ 11.59 @ 118.6 \ http://y2u.be/hqawHXwWcOU

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    You don't need to bring the car to the dealer for immobilizer coding. It can be done via VAG-COM.
    You're absolutely right Marc, but just like I was with the ECU's a few months back, most people (including those that have a high level of mechanical aptitude), find the electrical matters associated with ECU's, TCU's, the instrument cluster, and swapping/adding a smart key a bit ominous. You miss one step and you can end up with a great lawn ornament until someone with more experience fixes your mess up. Not quite as forgiving as missing a bolt or a gasket. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Latest update - ecu pins came loose, APR is fixing for free. I have had it chipped since I bought the car in 2006, APR you will get my business again.

Quote Originally Posted by dab View Post
    Latest update - ecu pins came loose, APR is fixing for free. I have had it chipped since I bought the car in 2006, APR you will get my business again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Has happened before

Apr chip pins come loose

New ecu and apr puts a new chip in
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner....

Good to hear they are performing the rework at their cost. This is as it should be with good product and service. Hope you're back running strong soon.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

The latest in posts, picked up the beast yesterday. Pulling like a frieght train for a cost of 178, yes 178 american which included two hid fog bulbs and the majority was what I paid for overnight shipping. Thanks to Epwerks here in Indy, dropped the car off one week ago to these guys. Now who is going to buy this???? The guys at Epwerks said it is in really good shape the best of the rs/6's they work on.
    rs6 sold
    2014 s7, audi exclusive 1 interior, black optics, havana black, Apr Stage 1