I want to start throwing around ideas on creating different options that we could use to get more air into the engine without trying to come up with one option. I would like to be able to look in one place when I am day dreaming about intakes instead of looking in multiple places.

As some people will have 450hp then there isn't much reason to look for radical ideas, maybe just something to increase the stock box flow.

As we move up in HP more radical options come into play.

With some CAI options including modifications to the hood then a relevant discussion of heat dissipation techniques through hood venting would have a point in this thread.

I spoke to Terry Griffin at Griffin Motorwerke in Berkeley. He has done some basic upgrades to his RS6. Revo stage 2...I don't care about Revo opinions... diverters, probably some upgraded air filters, high flow cats. He is willing to run the car on the dyno with and without the intake air tubing to the airbox.

As I am paying 100.00 for this run I would like to know if anyone has any input into the run itself. I figure it is a simple as run with and run without. Then I want him to run with the airbox open from the top. We will make sure there is no heat soak issue but I don't think so with such short amount of runs... I could be wrong. Is there anything that I am thinking wrong about here??

I might even ask him to put the FMU unit on. I don't know if he wants to do that though.

I am waiting on a response from EPL to see if they actually have some larger MAF kit.

I am not actually clear on how relevant this information will be for someone making bigger HP...550+.