Thread: Road trip!!

Road trip!!

Just finished a 1300 mile road trip in Thing 3 from Park City, Utah to Minneapolis....performed flawlessly. Started out at 5am in 6 inches of unplowed Interstate 80. I would have turned around after 30 minutes of driving but didn't want to drive back up the canyon. For 10 hours the road looked like the opening credits of the movie "Fargo". Wouldn't have rather had any other car for the trip.

Wearing a quality set of winter tires, these rides make for the best winter beaters out there hands down. I had a huge 2500 Cummins 3/4ton with a Banks 6, leveling kit, and 35's. Even with a great set of high tread tires, and the 4x4, the Audi was better.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Snow in the mtns.....ahh

15yrs ago in Vail and Breckenridge

In addition to our supercharged LX470 with dedicated snow tires....I had two Toyota Celica Alltrac turbos. One was mint summer car and the other my snow beast with proper tires. To say I did my best to pretend I was in Finland for the WRC championship...lets say I know just about every fire road in the county.
    Last edited by DHall1; January 1st, 2015 at 03:53.