Thread: Would you save 905147 ?

Hybrid View

EGT can be replaced without even lowering the engine...all in situ
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by mik15 View Post
    EGT can be replaced without even lowering the engine...all in situ
    Small hands, and bent wrench. I have medium hands and bent wrench and couldn't crack the passeger sensor loose. Easier if you have the SAI removed for sure - then you can do it from above without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Where in the name of iahweh am I supposed to find headlights for 350/pr?
    I saw them for sale on eBay.de a number of times and with shipping and exhange it worked out to $350.00. I do note, that if you are fine with Redneck repairs though, you can remedy a failing adjustment screw problem (same ones the BMW's have), buy using some PL400 adhesive to permanently adhere the ABS back on to the knurled metal post. I've done this on two rides here and it's as good or better than a commercial strength epoxy. Be careful to not get any of the adhesive to close to the teeth though as you can permanently bind the adjustment screws together. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I saw them for sale on eBay.de a number of times and with shipping and exhange it worked out to $350.00. I do note, that if you are fine with Redneck repairs though, you can remedy a failing adjustment screw problem (same ones the BMW's have), buy using some PL400 adhesive to permanently adhere the ABS back on to the knurled metal post. I've done this on two rides here and it's as good or better than a commercial strength epoxy. Be careful to not get any of the adhesive to close to the teeth though as you can permanently bind the adjustment screws together. lol
    Ah, you don't have to worry about Virginia's ridiculously strict "Equipment Safety" yearly shakedown/inspection. The euro models have what they call "city lights" where the headlights have a slightly wider beam - something like an extra 4-5 degrees outward. In VA, that's an immediate fail "because you can see the beam from an opposing traffic lane" - what a load of horseshit, I can't see the beams more than 30 feet from the front of the car :\

My (well-documented) misfortune from a pothole meant the adjustment screws were just fine, but the mounting tabs had snapped off my old headlights. They probably could've been epoxied the way you're talking about, but only if we could find the tabs - they were probably down in the bottom of the pothole somewhere...

I'm good with redneck repairs, hell, I have a '95 Wrangler sitting in my driveway awaiting a gear swap I've got probably a dozen hours of maintenance I need to get done on the RS first, and neither vehicle will fit in the mini-garage at the place I'm renting at the moment :|

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)