Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you save 905147 ?

Keep showing my wife AMG's, she keeps telling me she hates the way they look (most of them anyway)

My only way in to a project car is Audi lol, I'll keep my eye out and put some mula back until she comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I saw them for sale on eBay.de a number of times and with shipping and exhange it worked out to $350.00. I do note, that if you are fine with Redneck repairs though, you can remedy a failing adjustment screw problem (same ones the BMW's have), buy using some PL400 adhesive to permanently adhere the ABS back on to the knurled metal post. I've done this on two rides here and it's as good or better than a commercial strength epoxy. Be careful to not get any of the adhesive to close to the teeth though as you can permanently bind the adjustment screws together. lol
    Ah, you don't have to worry about Virginia's ridiculously strict "Equipment Safety" yearly shakedown/inspection. The euro models have what they call "city lights" where the headlights have a slightly wider beam - something like an extra 4-5 degrees outward. In VA, that's an immediate fail "because you can see the beam from an opposing traffic lane" - what a load of horseshit, I can't see the beams more than 30 feet from the front of the car :\

My (well-documented) misfortune from a pothole meant the adjustment screws were just fine, but the mounting tabs had snapped off my old headlights. They probably could've been epoxied the way you're talking about, but only if we could find the tabs - they were probably down in the bottom of the pothole somewhere...

I'm good with redneck repairs, hell, I have a '95 Wrangler sitting in my driveway awaiting a gear swap I've got probably a dozen hours of maintenance I need to get done on the RS first, and neither vehicle will fit in the mini-garage at the place I'm renting at the moment :|

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)