Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I went and did it (almost).

Well, I went and did it (almost).

For better or worse, I finally pulled the trigger on my new Beast! I still have to arrange final payment and shipping (or a plane ticket) so I have yet to actually sit behind the wheel but the PPI checked out and it looks like it's in good shape.

58k miles, $23,900, Late VIN, the only thing I'm concerned with is the lack of service records. No idea when the last timing belt was done. Carfax shows regular maintenance but no record of a specific timing belt change. I'm thinking that's going to be my first stop. (Maybe in conjunction with a chip...?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi1.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	15708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	15709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi3.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	15710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi4.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	15711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi5.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	15712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audi6.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	15713

What do you guys think? Good buy?

They also wanted to get me a warranty through SafeGuard. It's the platinum (exclusionary) plan - 3yr/36k for $3700. I looked it up and can't find the specific exclusions. I also read a host of complaints from the BBB (though they were rated A+). I'm leaning towards passing on this and looking into Fidelity which seems to get a lot of good press around here. Any thoughts?

I'm excited!

I don't believe you can buy a Fidelity warranty except through an Audi dealer when the vehicle is below a certain age.

Congrats! It nearly a perfect match to my car. Color inside and out, interior trim, wheels(including color), and smoked taillights. Except mine are hella, and not that dark. You're window tint is a bit darker too.

You'll love it. Make sure that tbelt service was done!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Looks great, somebody put some time and money into styling the car. That TB service HAS to have been done, or you could have it break and mess up your engine bad at any moment. It should have been done at 30-35k. If there is no record I'd say it's worth a few hundred to have it opened up and inspected. You could at least replace the two small upper rollers that are prone to early wear.

As mentioned, warranties can be a bit shady, make sure to read all fine print.

Get Ross-Tech vagcom so you can diagnose your own problems and log data. Is this the car with the "misfires" and "clogged cats"? If so you've got a few problems to fix already, and vagcom (VCDS) will be very helpful.

Welcome and cheers!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Timing belt is a relatively quick jot for anyone experienced with working on these cars. A swap of belts, rollers, tensioners can all be done in a nominal 3 hours from drive in to drive out. Add anouther half your if you're doing a water pump and T-Stat, and add another hour to that if you are doing the front cam seals and crank seal. Although you can piss around doing this repair without a cam locking bar, and crank locking pin, both are inexpensive to purchase for your toolchest and make the job easier. Add a solid hour to the timing if you are performing a TB swap without a cam bar.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Congrats! Looks angry.

Congrats! Looks bad ass.

Awesome find!

Looks great! Wheels, tint and taillights work together nicely. The aluminum pedal covers inside look great, too
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Very nice.

Just wondering what gauges are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Drifters View Post
    Good eye, interesting, they look slick.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

^^^ Yeah, I would love to have a set of those gauges in mine.

Looks awesome!

Thank you everyone! I honestly can't remember a time I've been more excited about a car since my first (a red '87 Honda Prelude when I turned 16. Loved it to death). I just signed the paperwork so now comes the excruciating wait for delivery. I feel like a five year old waiting for Christmas.

Is is it here yet?

No.

What about now??

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifters View Post
    I honestly don't know anything about the gauges. The original seller had it in his showroom as part of a big car collection so he prettied it up a bit. I'll see if the dealer knows what they are.

Was looking at clusters, might be an S6 with led lighting? Enjoy! If you're not excited by the power, first check all tuneup options, then flash with a tune, of course that puts the trans in more jeopardy but well worth it

Got some closer pics of the cluster. Dealer doesn't know what they are either, but I like 'em!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	15720   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	154 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	15721   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	148 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	15722