Thread: Those with water/meth injection.....

Those with water/meth injection.....

I have a devils own kit, and use 2 DO5 nozzles. So obviously 10 gallons per hour. The nozzles are mounted in the aluminum y-pipe. They are on each side, about 3 inches or so from the throttle body.

So, on full spray I can get the flashing cel. It doesn't happen all the time, actually very rarely. The devils own system uses a variable spray based on boost setting. So for those who don't use DO, you can set the initial spray to start at a specified boost, and taper in to full spray at a higher specified boost.

Anyway, the code I get is "random multiple misfires". I think there's just too much fluid going into the cylinders.

How much are others on the board spraying?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I've just recently purchased a coolingmist water/meth injection kit and will be installing it soon. Ill report back as soon as its in and can do some testing with it. I believe the nozzle size (I only have one with the kit so will purchase another) is CM5 which is equivalent to the D05.

Sounds like definitely too much fluid. You should really be tuning it, on a dyno, with A/F. While I didn't get to install my spare Aquamist kit on my RS6, I ran 100% meth on my 996 turbo for years. With proper tuning (aggressive tuning on our part), you never know you have it, until it runs out (Aquamist gauge tells you), and you pick up 50-75whp. If you can't get to a dyno, try dropping down a size or 2 on the nozzles.
    2013 Audi S8

Same setup, two D05's, never once a CEL or code related. Mounted a bit further out, maybe 5-6 inches from tb on each side, must disperse a bit more. Also only ever used the DO premix, 51 water/49 meth. Progressive controller starts spray around 2-4 psi, max by 10-12 psi boost. I have noticed it bog down or feel sluggish in the winter when over spraying, but still nothing related code wise.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Kyle, I've got flashing CEL on full boost with meth on the allroad 2.7 (Snow). When I drop max boost map on ECU slightly, no flash CEL at max boost. My meth is controlled by signal value at MAF so not directly boost related... but rather air velocity. Meth bungs are about 12" from throttle body on each side of the equivalent RS Y pipes. I've yet to start troubleshooting but 95% sure too much spray. Once I log MAF signal at the 2 different boost levels i'll know for sure. My guess in your situation, as TT said, too much spray. I'd adjust max level down a bit. And, at 2-4 psi start on the 4.2 is a bit low... might be choking it a little though you wont be able to feel it. Start spray at something like 5 psi. At what boost level are you getting flashing CEL?
    03 RS6 :: 01 allroad

When it does have the flashing cel, it is under max boost and seems to need to be in max boost for a few seconds before the flashing starts.

Thanks for the tips guys. Stephen, you're 100% correct, but don't have a dyno close by. Rich at viper had said he will customize the tune to whatever I want. I should probably send him an email.....
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Question...just got my baby back from getting a meth kit installs. Devils own with dual DO5 nozzles. They placed them on top of the innercoolers?!? They said that's where they always put them. They specialize in German cars and always hook me up on stuff.

is the meth kit doing anything where it's at or do I need them to relocate the nozzels?
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    Question...just got my baby back from getting a meth kit installs. Devils own with dual DO5 nozzles. They placed them on top of the innercoolers?!? They said that's where they always put them. They specialize in German cars and always hook me up on stuff.

is the meth kit doing anything where it's at or do I need them to relocate the nozzels?
    http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...ead.php?t=2106
    2013 Audi S8

From that I gather that the further from the throttle body the better...which I should be fine in that case? I've just never seen it heard of them being installed on the top of the innercoolers.
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    From that I gather that the further from the throttle body the better...which I should be fine in that case? I've just never seen it heard of them being installed on the top of the intercoolers.
    I agree. I have never installed them further than 12-16in from the TB. Plenty of time to atomize.
    2013 Audi S8

Aquamist on my RS6, nozzles are just above the intercoolers on the y-pipe.

How old are your spark plugs? If not newer, I'd replace those first and go from there. Sounds to me like either too much meth spray or failing spark plugs.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

I meant to say up-pipes from the intercoolers, not y-pipe.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

I thought about the spark plugs too. They are due. I think I probably have 10k on them, but that includes 2 track days...