Thread: In need of a better tune

In need of a better tune

I have an Autospeed tune on my rs6. It made 400 awhp and 469 awtq. But the damn thing keeps cutting the throttle at 140 mph . My question is what kind of tunes do you guys use and what kind of numbers to the wheels ? I have Apikol InterCoolers and Intake. MTM tcu chip.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver Pearl, Apikol Side-mount IC, AutoSpeed Tune
    2001 A6 4.2 Brilliant Black, Stock

There's a Eurocharged tuner in the for sale section, good tune most say. I'd stay away from Revo and GIAC, both tend to run lean. APR is the top dawg, $2k though I think. Fellow Marc, 10secS4 has a tune he sells for $500 that seems good.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

And don't forget @ Viper.

If I had the $$$$ when I owned, I would have gone APR ECU tune or EPL tune
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

i used apr and lost HP on the dyno. flash back to stock, HP returns. Flash back to APR, lose power. extensive workup, replaced parts etc. only thing that changed was i lost $1000 in the workup at the request of apr.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    i used apr and lost HP on the dyno. flash back to stock, HP returns. Flash back to APR, lose power. extensive workup, replaced parts etc. only thing that changed was i lost $1000 in the workup at the request of apr.
    Well whoever was flashing it was screwed up, that makes no sense. Any decent/good flash will get you 50hp/100tq at engine at least.

Edit; or something was mechanically unsound and it couldn't handle higher boost pressure, drop into limp mode?
    Last edited by lswing; December 3rd, 2014 at 04:41.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Love my Eurocharged....