Thread: 6-Speed Manual Swapped 2002 Audi S6 Avant

6-Speed Manual Swapped 2002 Audi S6 Avant

looks like a fun car.

from the article:
    This 2002 Audi S6 Avant was only offered in the USA with an automatic, but the seller has swapped in a 6-speed manual, likely from an S4.

14 pictures and full article

Overpriced IMO

Maybe if it had 84k miles instead of 184k... but as is I agree vas160's. Cool car nonetheless, love white wagons.
    EPL Stage 3 B5 S4
    6mt Ultrasport K04 & Bolt-ons Daily
    2.7t 6mt A6 Parts Car ;)

15K for an S6 with space shuttle miles. Even w/ the swap that's a $7500 car at best. That said, I really enjoyed the 2003 S6 I had .. almost bought Steveken's old S6 6spd but got beat to the punch.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

184K is peanuts for wear and tear on a high quality Audi.... Just how cheap is a highly engineered car like this supposed to get that has thousands of engineered parts with items like a transmission swap costing $7,500.00 alone. No offence, but you guys need to get your heads checked. This isn't a 240 Nissan or Honda Accord for goodness sakes.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I sold my mint S6 with 81k miles - Navi- full alcantara with new 19 in OZ SL's for
    $10,500.00... and it took me a while to sell it.

I also have worked for Audi for sometime both in a corporate and retail capacity so
    trust me- $7500 is generous for that car. I put a friend in a Prestige 2007 S6 with
    recent carbon cleaning , 65k miles for $14,000.00. That's way more car
    than a C5 S6.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    184K is peanuts for wear and tear on a high quality Audi.... Just how cheap is a highly engineered car like this supposed to get that has thousands of engineered parts with items like a transmission swap costing $7,500.00 alone. No offence, but you guys need to get your heads checked. This isn't a 240 Nissan or Honda Accord for goodness sakes.
    2016 Porsche GT4- 918 buckets- Track Toy
    2014 Porche Cayenne S- Sport Chrono-Sport exhaust- 2015 E63 S AMG- Ténorise Gray-Black Nappa-

Gorgeous...I'd be all over that if I had space, white on white, mmmm.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I agree that price is too high for the miles regardless of service history. In the retail market it would take someone specific to buy it.

I have an 02 S6 as my daily driver / winter ride and out of all my Audi's it is my favorite. At 150k it has plenty left and when it is done I will replace it with another S6. Would happily pay a premium to have one the will serve me another ten years. Just need to start at 90k less miles than the manual S6. Strange as it may sound, but I enjoy driving the S6 over my RS6. You just settle in the seat like pair of expensive shoes that are well worn in. It has spent it's whole life in the rustbelt and looks like close to new. Hauls through the snow, has the utility of the wagon and keeps many newer cars honest at the stop light.

The asking price and selling price always have a delta. Someone will get a unique ride that will keep them happy for many more miles than the 184K.

funny...been looking at S6's lately...
    2013 Audi S8

I regret selling mine. S6 that is

Most of the RS6 body mods were done and the forecast of donor RS driveline was dim.

Now I have the donor RS and no S6. Pisser