Thread: Jon Olsson Audi RS6 DTM being Built

Jon Olsson Audi RS6 DTM being Built

from the article:
    Few week ago he removed the camo wrap and sent the car for major exterior design modifications. The project is being called as Audi RS6 DTM and you can see from the images why it is has got the DTM moniker. The car is exceptionally wide and has got extreme aero package similar to that of the DTM racecars. The front end is dominated by a massive splitter and big canards while the extreme wide body kit cannot be given a miss. The rear wing is being extended even further and there is an array of air inlets and outlets throughout the car. We can’t wait to see the finished project.

3 pictures and full article

That would be fun to tool around in. I see tape lines at the rear of the hood. Cutouts for vents perhaps?

Ruined a perfectly good RS6

Splitter is a joke

Winglets are garbage
    Last edited by DHall1; November 20th, 2014 at 02:49.

I like that you edited a post with three incomplete sentences. And yes, most of this wing play looks a bit foolish, kids...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Another example that money does not buy good taste. What a waste of an avant.

If I had more than 2 seconds to post it was about to get ugly. The sheer magnitude of that picture is was prompted my loving response. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I like that you edited a post with three incomplete sentences. And yes, most of this wing play looks a bit foolish, kids...

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Splitter is a joke

Winglets are garbage
    After all, the article did say he wanted a "DTM" RS6. Those things being added are heavily influenced by DTM. I think it's a cool way to be unique from the subtle exterior changes from companies like ABT and others.

Made me cringe. Taking a beauty of German design and making it look like half the beat-up 20+ year old civics running around my area. What's next, extra horsepower from chrome flaming-skull badges, stick-on heat vent cutouts spaced every 3 inches from the front down the beltline, maybe a 10-inch wide exhaust tip? Don't forget the downforce triple-stack rear wing, tack a park bench on top for extra seating!

Fail.

No amount of money can buy any class.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

The amount of crap plastered on the side and back really made be cringe...the front could be toned down, and it's aggressive look isn't the worst. I'm thinking a gold/orange sparkling paint with stars and warrior emblem on the hood should finish this up nicely

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Made me cringe. Taking a beauty of German design and making it look like half the beat-up 20+ year old civics running around my area. What's next, extra horsepower from chrome flaming-skull badges, stick-on heat vent cutouts spaced every 3 inches from the front down the beltline, maybe a 10-inch wide exhaust tip? Don't forget the downforce triple-stack rear wing, tack a park bench on top for extra seating!

Fail.

No amount of money can buy any class.
    Certain to be plastered with 'go-fast' stickers....

Autobody 101: How do you turn an RS6 in to a Bosozuko piece of crap in 3 easy steps. All that's missing is some nice exhaust pipes!!!! >barf<

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	japanese_car.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	15693
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Stupid.

Looks riced.

Splitter is a joke

Winglets are garbage

I fully agree.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Splitter is a joke

Winglets are garbage

I fully agree.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Looking forward to seeing the finished article!

it's like turning a go-kart into an F1 car....pointless exercise, a complete waste of money and most of all ruining not only a good car but the image of what an RS6 should be and look like.

If you want a DTM car for what it stands for and its capabilities buy one, this RS6 will never be a DTM car by simply adding some cheap crappy fiber-glass wings...should stick to skiing though...why isn't he tuning a set of skies into flying saucers? that would be cool
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Klint View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the finished article!
    I look forward to it getting recycled.

Ok, well maybe that's excessive. Just barely.