Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New affordable option for intercoolers

New affordable option for intercoolers

Silly Rabbit Motorsports is now offering an affordable intercooler upgrade option for the rs6. They are much cheaper than anyone else has offered them yet. After hearing about dyno results from the s4 intercoolers that SRM has built I have high confidence levels in the ones for the rs6!

Let's see em?
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Will have some soon

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Let's see em?

Ill ill have some shprtly. Once I have them I'll post some pictures. They're twice as thick as the stock units. SRM does a lot of cool stuff for the Audi's that they don't post up on their website. They also make K24 hybrid rs6 turbos for the rs6. I'm planning on going much bigger than those and building custom exhaust manifolds. If the manifolds go well I'll build a jig and if anyone needs manifolds as well ill be able to supply them. Still debating on what material to make them out of though.

Sean hasn't made the RS6 K24s yet. It has a bit of lead time as they are one offs. but I am excited that there is a new intercooler option. I am debating on putting the K24s in while the engine is out.
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Raised Hand- I'd be interested in custom manifolds w/out the insulator. I've experienced the OEM manifolds coming apart and shards going through the turbo.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Sean hasn't made the RS6 K24s yet. It has a bit of lead time as they are one offs. but I am excited that there is a new intercooler option. I am debating on putting the K24s in while the engine is out.
    On a similar note, I called them last week about downpipes (test pipes), too and they don't have anything coming in the foreseeable future. Was told that if they did fabricate them, it would not be anything from China and strictly made in the USA at around $1100.

I'm in a hurry so I got a set of Milltek knock offs from Germany.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Through Unit20 my Milltek downpipes were $1100 delivered. They are the Catless pipes. Definitely as good or better than OEM quality and fitment and they are just about 1/4" larger diameter.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Improved exhaust header, improved affordable SMIC's with K24 hybrids. Lots of stuff that interests me that is for sure.

How 'bout this one
    http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/154
    been coming soon for 3 years

One of my friends was dynoing his S4 with the SRM sidemounts on the same day an s4 with ER sidemounts was dynoing and the ER s4 got heat soaked after only two runs and my friends S4 with the silly rabbit Motorsports sidemounts never got heat soaked. The ER stuff is usually a fair amount more than SRM as well. If you want a set of sidemounts from SRM just call up Sean and he'll hook you up. It's going to be aAR least a few months before I'm able to offer the manifolds but to anyone that's interested just email or message me and I'll start putting together a list. I'm probably going to put an entire turbo kit together for the rs6's running 01e transmissions. I'll keep you guys posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRS View Post
    Silly Rabbit Motorsports is now offering an affordable intercooler upgrade option for the rs6. They are much cheaper than anyone else has offered them yet. After hearing about dyno results from the s4 intercoolers that SRM has built I have high confidence levels in the ones for the rs6!

Pics or price yet? I assume u work for them? Since u created an account just to post about this...
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    Pics or price yet? I assume u work for them? Since u created an account just to post about this...
    Checkout the company DHall1 worked with 6 months back or so, really good pricing using your stock end tanks I think, they built in a new core, good pricing and results. Seems about like this, but ready to roll I believe. It might take some searching to dig it up.

What most any of us really want is the custom exhaust manifolds for under $2k, now that would be nice!!! Leaving turbos in same location for us auto trans stooges....
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No, I don't work for them. I own a shop in Colorado. SRM is located in Nevada. I've spoke with Sean a couple times and have seen the results of his products and they're really good quality for a good price. I don't know how much retail price is exactly so I don't want to put up any numbers. The next time I talk to Sean I'll let you guys know.

I can probably make some stock location manifolds if people have an interest in them. Once I get my rs6 torn apart I'll start putting some stuff like that together.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Checkout the company DHall1 worked with 6 months back or so, really good pricing using your stock end tanks I think, they built in a new core, good pricing and results. Seems about like this, but ready to roll I believe. It might take some searching to dig it up.

Are you talking about Apikol?

It was actually SR...but Apikol has been well regarded.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140612_033912.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	15697I have an APT FMIC, I'm happy with my set-up, I like how aggressive it looks and how it performs. I live in the Southwest and summer temps get up to 105+. Zero heat soak with minimal turbo lag. 100% improvement over stock smic's. I know it's not everyone's choice, but for me personally, I love it and it certainly gets lots of looks and attention. Attachment 15696

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    It was actually SR...but Apikol has been well regarded.
    Ok. Apikol uses original side tanks as well.